Best way to copy file between shared folder on different volumes

• What ia the best way to copy/move big files/directorys between f.e. shared folder X on volume A to Shared folder Y on volume B.

I hate it when i use smb / ftp it goes trough the client. Fot small files it does not matter but 40mb/s while moving 400gb is not fun. Tried Winscp but for some reason that also go slow. Is the only way to move/copy the files without leaving my server from the cli?

• Thanks for the answers. My biggest problem with the cli is that i need to type in de UUID. I can remember directorys paths from my head but the UUID is a little bit to much :)

I think if this would be an option to do it within the gui, f.e. in a plugin it would be a great and usefull add on to OMV. Commercial NAS systems have pluggins/packages for this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use the tab key. Type /med and then hit tab. Autocomplete is a wonderful thing :) Those uuids won't mean thing with it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• hi sorry to jump on this.

i have a external hdd plugged into the nas made as a shared folder but the drive is failing constant smart warnings whats the easiest way to copy all the data from this drive to a folder set up on my internal raid storage with out doing it through my laptop which would take an age even on gigabit connection.i remember using rsync once but this was a few years ago.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• I have used rsync to clone 2 shared folder, there's an web-gui on omv. It works great.

• thanks am trying this now do i have to keep the omv window open once ive hit run for it to keep running or will it run in the background now.

ps can you target a set folder doing it this way as in the folder from the usb drive to a set folder on the raid as the default just seams to select the share and copys everything this isnt a issue copying the data off but once i replace the drive in the usb caddy with a new one i wont want to just let it select the share as it would copy everything were i only want it to copy the backup folder back to the usb drive.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von chclark ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!