HELP trying to move from FREENAS

• Moving from FreeNAS to OMV. I really like what I am seeing with OMV.
    I have a new machine that I installed OMV on. has 4 2tb drive in a raid 5. I have the old raid 5 w/4 500g drive that I need to move files over from. I was able to install the card and have OMV see the UFS drive, I was able to manually mount said raid in OMV. How the heck do I move the files from one to other?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Set both up as samba shares and copy the files or login via ssh and copy between two shares.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That is part of the problem. I can manually mount the ufs raid, see it in OMV but can not make a share. I took the card and drive out of the new box and put it back int he old frenass so we could watch some movies. I think I may have figured out what I was doing wrong. I will have to put it back int he new box to see. But I do know I could not make a share of the usf on the OMV even if I have it mounted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would manually mount, move the files using the command line, and then reformat.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Another method could be to use a local rsync to transfer the files over. This would also enable a interruption of that process without any double work and you will keep als the timestamps (if required).

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!