owncloud - "Can't create data directory"

• I've installed the owncloud plugin via the GUI but when I go enable the owncloud service and goto the owncloud URL, I get a page that says "Can't create data directory [mydata directory]".

I assigned the data directory in the GUI by selecting a share that I created. I can see that the directory exists in a shell. I've tried chown -R and chgrp -R to change the owner and group to www-data and getfacl shows user:www-data:rwx.

This seems to be the same error reported in a comment to the owncloud plugin announcement. Unfortunately, no solution was given.

• Firstly, sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

I've the same problem, so I prefer to reply to this post than create another one. Maybe it can help this person.

I've tried to install Owncloud on openmediavault, on a raspberry pi.
    Obviously, I would store Owncloud's data folder on an extern USB drive, not on the tiny flash storage on the raspberry.
    So, I have create a shared folder named "Owncloud-data" on my usb disk with the web interface.

In the settings of Owncloud plugin, I have selected my shared folder in the list of the section "Data directory".

If I click on "show" for access to Owncloud, I have the following message :

"Can't create data directory (/media/.../Owncloud-data/)
    This can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the root directory."

I have checked my folder with "ls -l"
    I obtain :
    drwxrwsr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 Jul 22 21:44 Owncoud-data

I think it's allwright.

for testing, I have tried to apply "chmod 777" on this folder.
    I already have the same error, whereas everybody have a write access !

Somebody know what I'm doing wrong ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!