XBMC/KODI --> MySQL Plugin configuration issues ?

• I've got a few KODI clients throughout the house that are connecting to a Windows7 based installation of MySQL for the shared library feature of KODI.

It works PERECTLY! -- I've just discovered OMV and have installed it for many of the features that I have several PCs setup for to provide. I'm hoping to shutdown 3 PCs and run everything on my new OMV setup.

With that said, the MySQL task was the easiest to setup, and I've done it several times over the years, and it was always very simple -- no matter what OS I did it on it was basically the same, I've attached a sample of what I always did. I never had to do the Bind modification ... just the commandline entries... and it ALWAYS just worked. I did the same on my new OMV install but the clients just won't connect?

Has anyone had any luck getting the OMV MySQL server to host the video/music libraries for XMBC/KODI ?

I did try the Bind modifications making the change in the OMV webinterface ... it seems to have FIXED my problem ...

• Just set the bind address to 0.0.0.0.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks ... I set the bind address to 192.168.2.170 which is the IP of my OMV ...

that seemed to make everything start working.

What is the advantage or disadvantage of each/other setting?

• It's just easier to say use 0.0.0.0... ;) And it will work all the time.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Hey, I don't want to open a new thread as I am having the same issue right now.

I'm trying to set up the kodi DB on my banana pi and run into following error, when trying to connect to the MySQL DB.
    The DB itself is working well, but is not able to be connected via the IP.
    The Bind address is set to 0.0.0.0 on the OMV WebGUI and this value is also represented in the /etc/mysql/conf.d/openmediavault-mysql.cnf file.
    Port is default 3306.

But Kodi returns an error not being able to connect to the mysql database on my local IP 192.168.178.100.
    Even trying to connect from the banana pi itself is only working with no host option, or the localhost IP.

Does someone have a clue what the issue might be?
    Thanks a lot.

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

• telnet 192.168.178.100 3306

Does it connect?

Greetings
    David

• Unfortunalety not:

Code
    root@bananas:~# telnet 192.168.178.100 3306
    Trying 192.168.178.100...
    telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

And mysqld is running as expected: (isn't it?)

Code
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       User       Inode       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:3306          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      114        378911      4917/mysqld

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von sieben ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you try resetting the mysql password?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• [SOLVED]

I tried resetting the mysql password via the OMV WebGui, but didn't change anything.
    Then I found out that stopping the mysql server ends up in an error and mysql going into failed-state.

Furthermore I found a solution regarding this issue:
    Resetting the debian-sys-maint user password over the MySQL Web Interface, with the password stored in /etc/mysql/debian.cnf

No idea how this password may got corrupted....

Anyway i can access the MySQL Server with the IP now. Everything fixed.

Thanks to you!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!