ownCloud -> Greyhole -> MediaBrowser 3

• This question involves OMV shares and several plugins. Not sure where it is best to post, but here goes...

I am running OMV 1.1 as a home media server. I am using Greyhole to store multiple copies of movies/photos/music/vidoes for local backup. greyhole shares are mounted locally and configured to be used in the media browser (library settings). This is all working well and I use media browser classic on my windows box to watch my movies, browse videos/pictures.

I recently added the owncloud plugin (v7) and have it running as well. I created a shared folder for ownCloud and also have that added to my greyhole pool. I have my phone setup to sync all pictures and videos from my phone to my owncloud user. I have other users setup in my ownCloud as well.

What I want to do is to be able to have certain owncloud users folders available in my media browser libraries. If I add the whole ownCloud share to my library I will get everyones stuff.

What is the best way to configure this? Is this possible?

-Thanks,
    Michael

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try making additional shared folders that are subfolders of your owncloud share. You can edit the path of the shared folder when creating it.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I thought of that, but when I try to create a new share and select the ownCloud share as a starting point, there is no way to get to where ownCloud is storing data.

ownCloud is writing to: /var/www/owncloud/data/mdean/files/Nexus4

It does not seem like an written into /var/www/owncloud will be using greyhole like I want.

any ideas?

• I'm not sure I understand the problem.

You create the storage structure in OwnCloud for every user as usual. For example:
    <Volume>/OWC/<YourUser>/Pictures

Then you populate the folder "Pictures" with automated phone download or whatever.
    Next you go into MediaBrowser administration page and setup a media source to the "Pictures" folder of the said user, content=pictures. Then in the same Mediabrowser, setup the MB user so it can see that folder and every other user don't.

If the Greyhole system doesn't have problems with MB, MB should work with it.
    Just make sure the mediabrowser user has read rights into the "Pictures" folder, and write if you also want'm to be able to manage/organize the content.

That's what you wanted?

EDIT:
    I strongly recommend to setup your OwnCloud storage folders in a dedicated storage. From your post I see that you have setup owc storage in the system disc.
    I personally use a ZFS pool for such things and my /var/www folder stays clean, so in case I should backup-restore the system, it should only involve system files and contents.

• The ownCloud setup/settings do not give you an option for where the storage folders are located. I assumed they would be going under the ownCloud share in the plugin tab. This could be a problem related to setting up ownCloud 7 following this guide:

ownCloud 7 install with current plugin

I copied the /var/www/owncloud/data folder over to /mnt/samba/ownCloud/data and then created a soft link from /var/www/owncloud/data to the new location. I also had to chown the copied data folder to have www-data user and group. So far this is working. I still need to get back to the original issue and see if I can create shared folders that point to the owncloud user folders, but I think the setup will support that now.

-Michael

• You have the target OWC data folder setting in the plugin. First tab (options), Data folder (last setting)
    In my setup, I simply created a dedicated OWC share in the root of my ZFS volume and it's pointed by this setting above.
    I thought I even created it by pushing the plus sign in the setting and gave owncloud user full privileges.

I always like to follow the KISS rule. If you setup your server the simplest way, there will be less chances to have issues.

• That is what I did also, and pointed it to my ownCloud share, but the ownCloud 7 setup did not use it. I probably should have waited until the ownCloud plugin supported oc7, but I was having problems with oc6 and oc7 is working much better.

• If possible, it could be better if you re install. :S
    Back in the day, I installed mines following Tekb instructions. But I don't know if those steps are still required or the plugin fully supports OWC v7.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!