Problem after upgrade VDR plugin

• OMV version: 1.10
    Kernel: 3.16 bpo
    TV receiver: Kworld UB435-Q V3

I upgraded the VDR plugin yesterday but the problem arised.
    The error message is " lgdt3305_read_status: error -22 on line 943"
    (The error message stops after I pull off the TV receiver.)

I googled this message and seems the problem relates to the driver.
    Nonetheless, my TV receiver had worked well on the previous version of VDR.
    I also checked at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/in…UB435-Q_USB_ATSC_TV_Stick where says the device is supported under kernel 3.16, which is being used.

Would that be a bug?
    Please help. Thx.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update:

Thanks HK,

My OMV system cannot detect the TV receiver so no channel can be scanned.

However, I found a strange thing. I removed the TV receiver and restarted the system. After the restart completely finished, I inserted the receiver back. Then there's no error message popped up and the receiver started to work finally, but I wish I don't have to do the same thing every time when I need to restart.

Btw, is there a way to downgrade to the previous version? (I have re-installed the system so the disc has been formatted.)

• Hmm. I think there may be other issues with the latest vdr plugin also.

Since upgrading to 1.1 -
    - I've lost the tab which provides access to the vdr-admin app
    - Channel scan finds the channels but I cant access them

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail

• The plugin doesn't have anything to do with those error messages from my knowledge at least. I can't help much there.

The plugin has been split into two plugins for multiple reasons. The core one is openmediavault-vdr and the second one is openmediavault-vdr-extras. The extras plugin contains the stuff that everyone needs or wants (for example if you're running VNSI). So try installing vdr-extras :)

Can't access the channels? Do you mean that you can't watch them or that they're not listed at all? Since you seem to have a issue with the driver couldn't that be the cause?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HK-47 ()

• Oops. Didn't spot the vdr-extras package.

I use a windows app VDR-Zapper to view live tv. It finds the channels, but gives a URL error when trying to view them since the upgrade.

Installing the vdr-extras package now....

• Try installing vdr-extras and toy with the Streamdev server since it says that it's an requirement on the VDR-Zapper page :)

• Thanks HK,

vdr-extras install failed :(

Goes into a continuous loop with "Failed to fetch http://packages.omv-extras.org…lt-vdr-extras_1.1_all.deb 404 Not Found"

However the deb file does appear to be there when I paste the URL into a browser, so dont know why it doesn't find it?

Edit. OK now fixed.
    Looks like is just been replaced by "openmediavault-vdr-extras_1.2_all.deb"
    All good now.

• Update Problem :(

Fehler #2002:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Invalid method parameter: 0 is less than 1.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/vdr.inc(125): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, '{\n ...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceVdr->setSettings(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setSettings', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Vdr', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

• Hm.. Only three settings can complain about that, log level, max video file size and update channels. Please post the values of those so I can see if I can replicate it and try changing any of them to see if you can figure out which one it is :)

• Das Problem war max video file size 0 !
    The problem was max video file size 0 !

Mit max video file size 3000 Arbeitet es
    With max video file size 3000 it works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!