Error configuring plex plug-in

• Hi,

I installed the Plex plugin and now tried to configure it. But I get the following error message:

For some reason it cannot access the location where I would like to put the plex database. I should add that I added a new ssd that should hold the database. So maybe I messed up there. This is what I did with the drive:

1) wiped it
    2) Under logical volume management I added the ssd as physical volume, then as a volume group and finally as a logical volume
    3) Formated the ssd under file system as ext4

Any ideas what went wrong?

Cheers
    TiredHornet

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• Zitat

The procedure you mentioned is fine, though i don't understand why you choose LVM, you could use it as single disk

I didn't see how I can just add the drive a single disk...

Well I think I just figured it out. Just create a new file system on the drive. So I now have the ssd as a single disk in ext4 format.

But this still doesn't solve my problem with the plex plugin.

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von TiredHornet ()

• We must have posted at the same time. So as I said the issue with the plugin still remains although I now have a single ext4 drive instead of a LVM drive. I tried to enable the plex plugin with this single drive and I still get the error:

Here are my plugin settings:

Everytime, I try to enable the plugin I get the above error message. Does anyone else have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TiredHornet ()

• Just got home. Is this what you are looking for?

Code
    root@OMV:~# cat /etc/passwd | grep plex
    plex:x:115:65534::/var/lib/plexmediaserver:/bin/bash

UPDATE:

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the plex plugin and now it seems to work.

Code
    root@OMV:~# cat /etc/passwd | grep plex
    plex:x:115:65534::/media/c862295f-8046-4cfd-a1bf-2b9d4d746a75/plexmediaserver:/bin/bash

This looks better, doesn't it?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TiredHornet ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!