How to use OMV to sync docs and pictures between different computers

• Hi,

Here is my situation. At home my wife an I have a desktop and 2 laptops. Usually we work on the desktop, but sometimes we both need to do something on the computer. Up to now we do not have the same files on both the desktop and the laptop. I would like to change that.

This might be a stupid question, but what should I use if I want to sync documents and pictures for different users between a desktop computer and a laptop? I should add that both are windows 7 PCs and essentially I would like to keep the \Users\<Username>\Documents and \Users\<Username>\Pictures folders synced.

I don't necessarily need remote syncing if that changes anything.

Greets
    TiredH

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• Thx,

for all the responses. I think btsync might be what I need. Only working on network shares doesn't seem to be a good idea since the laptop will also be used remotely.

I'll try to setup btsync and let you know if it worked for me.

Thx again
    TiredHornet

OMV Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX, 512 m2 SSD

• I agree with @Gilhin, why not use one and only shared folder ???

If you don't want to work directly on the network (and I can say we all do that in firms and other jobs...) you can work both your wife and you on different computers and use rsync (not btsync) to synchronise your folders after work...

Well, just sayin'

Greetings

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!