Best way to switch Hardware and keep settings ?

• I want to build a new OMV-Server (new hardware except for the datadisks) but keep the settings of my "old".

What's the best way to do this ?
    Can I just backup my old systemdisk (gparted or parted magic) to the new one and put the datadisks into the the new server ?

Or should I do a fresh install incl. all previous installed plugins and updates and restore a systembackup done with omv-backup from the old system ?

• ok, I've tried, but doesn't work.

The server boots, but the disks (now on a 3ware-9650se-24m controller) are not seen in omv (no hw-raid, controller just in sata mode).
    I've tried a fresh install and everything works just fine, even the lsi 3dm2 raid-management-software.
    So, now i like to transfer my settings to the fresh install.
    But how can I do this ?
    I'v tried omv-backup, installed on both systems, do a backup, copy the backup-folder from the old system to the new system (overwrite), but can't restore in omv-firstaid.

How can I transfer the settings ???

• You can't.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!