[Solved] OpenMediaVault-webgui disapeared

• Dear all,

Further to the copy of a 500 GB backup through usb 3.0 external drive, I noticed a huge sollicitation of my processor (as far as I remember, there were 70 to 80% of my processor used by a "user process"). Then I decided to reboot my server thanks to the top right menu in the web-gui interface.
    After it, I could'nt reconnect to web GUI despite my Transmission GUI was working and ssh acces too.
    When I try to connect to [OMV.server.IP]:80 I have the following page :

Zitat

It works!
    This is the default web page for this server.
    The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

When I try to connect to [OMV.server.IP]:443 I have a page saying that the connexion failed

I connected to a root console and send the following command :

Code
    # omv-firstaid

and reseted the https only acces I created to acces my server but nothing was working.

No improvement

I noticed that there were only "000-default" file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabeled but no openmediavault-wegui, neither in "sites-available" folder

I uninstalled apache2

Code
    # apt-get remove --purge apache2*

and reinstalled it

Code
    # apt-get install apache2

But I still face the same problem and can't find a solution.
    If someone could help me, I would be glad !

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks tekkbb for your reactivity, I tryed both of these commands the second returned :

Code
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# service nginx start
    Starting nginx: nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:80 failed (98: Address already in use)
    nginx: [emerg] bind() to [::]:80 failed (98: Address already in use)
    nginx: [emerg] still could not bind()
    nginx.
    root@OpenMediaVault:~#

Unfortunately I still have the same issue to connect trough web-GUI

• Well,

My problem is half solved. I digged in several treads related to various issues with webgui and tryed to change port 80 to 81 in omv-firstaid webGUI config. And it worked 8| , I don't know how, I don't know why ... I'll wait for feedback, of yours if anybody have an idea of why ?

Thanks for your help

• As far as I understood I was investigating thanks to older posts edited when apache2 was used as web server instead of nginx. I think the message I got is the one from apache2 replying on port 80 instead of nginx. Can-I remove apache2 (I also use OwnCloud) ?
    Oh and by the way, I didn't activate ipv6 at any time, how the hell can it be possible that it gets mentionned in this result ?
    Thanks for your time.

• Yep it seems that apache2 is still listening to the port 80 on your ipv6 address.

You can verify if the ipv6 support is enabled by editing the file /etc/sysctl.conf :

Code
    vi /etc/sysctl.conf

Search for the following lines and change to 1 if you want to disable it :

Code
    net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1   
    net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1   
    net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6=1

Restart your network connection :

Code
    /etc/init.d/networking restart

After that try to remove again apache2 with the commands given by @tekkb
    Cheers

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

• I prefer to post the content of my systctl.com before doing anythig as it is all starting by # (comment ?)

• I followed your instructions tekkb,

Code
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# service apache2 stop
    Stopping web server: apache2 ... waiting .
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# update-rc.d -f apache2 remove
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# service nginx restart
    Restarting nginx: nginx.

Then I typed :

Code
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# omv-firstaid
    Updating web administration settings. Please wait ...

To change the default web interface to 80 but still faced the same page ("It works ! ..."). For now I reconfigured webgui access on port 81 but am still looking for a solution if you have other ideas / suggestions.

Many thanks to both of you for your help.

• This has to be in your browser. Apache is not running now...

Verify:
    service apache2 status

That message ("It works ! ...") is a default website that apache serves. If apache is not running it will not be served. So there has to be browser issue.

• My mistake !
    You're right !

Code
    root@OpenMediaVault:~# service apache2 status
    Apache2 is NOT running.

I didn't try to access it from an other device. But just accessed from my phone after reconfiguring webgui on prot 80 thanks to omv-firstaid. I purged the cache of my browser and it's now functionning. I'm ashamed of this mistake of mine :cursing: .

Thanks a lot guys for the solution, I'll pass the post on solved after writing a shor summary for the next readers. Have you got an idea of how it occured ?
    Thanks again !

• Tip : use private window on Chrome or Firefox, it's quicker and more comfortable than your phone ^^

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

• Here might be the solution you're looking for (well, at least it worked for me ...)
    My problem was due to aa apache service running in parallel of nginx and listening port 80 instead of nginx. The message "It works ! ..." was a default message from apache.

I ran the following commands to stop apache and avoid its restart :

Code
    service apache2 stop
     update-rc.d -f apache2 remove
     service nginx restart

Then you got to purge the cache as I faced a non refresh of the page I was looking for on port 80 in my browser.

Thanks a lot tekkb and tiste for your help !

• I had a similar issue of no gui after upgrading to 1.12. Shares and ssh worked, it looked like just the webgui wasn't working.

I tried all the steps above and from other threads where people had a similar issue but no cigar.

apache was running so I did the above to remove apache but still no gui, but not only no gui no website at all, connection refused.

nginx was running but the above netstat command didn't have any output.

omv-firstaid, reinstalling omv and nginx didn't help.

I did some googling on nginx and found that the dir /etc/nginx/sites-enabled was empty. I linked /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui to /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ and the gui worked.

hopefully this helps someone with a similar issue.

• service apache2 stop
    update-rc.d -f apache2 remove
    service nginx restart

Apache should not be running. This stops it and removes the run levels so it will not start.

This is what did the trick for me, awesome, thank you !!

what I did was erase an HDD using the non installed ubuntu and then gparted on it and after trying to run OMW again, it would only show that website thing and that it works..
    Typing your commands was the quick solution !!
    THANK YOU

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!