SMB Share : Writing errors on NTFS drives

• Hi,

I recently installed OMV 1.11 on a HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N54L.
    I installed 2 NTFS drives and using Plex.

Now I also added 2 SMB shares for each NTFS drive.
    The problem is when I try copying a large file to one of this NTFS SMB shares from Windows : It started correctly... and after a while, the copy process is stopped because of a "Network Problem"... I'm prompted to check that I am properly connected to the network... And when I restart the copy immediately, it's working...until I got the same problem...

It's a problem from my server with Open Media Vault, because :
    I tried the same copy from the same Windows on a Synology and it's working.
    I changed network cables (CAT 6) and my switch and I got the same issue.

Do you have any idea to help me solve this ?
    Thanks in advance

• Hello,

Can you explain to us the purpose of installing OpenMediaVault with NTFS drives ???
    Do you know that with ext3, ext4, xfs or jfs filesystems you can transfer large files ??? Comparing to FAT filesystems.

You can verify on your NTFS drives if you have enabled compression or indexation (which is good for searching files but not for moving files).

Greetings

- ASROCK FM2A88X-ITX+ (SATAIII (6Gb/s) x6 (for the DATA), mSATA x1 (for the OS))
    - AMD A6 7400K 3.5GHz
    - Corsair 2Go DDR3 1333MHz C9 (x2)
    - Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
    - COOLER MASTER G450M (80+ bronze)
    - WD Red 2To 64Mo 3.5" SATAIII (6Gb/s)
    - 32 Go SSD mSATA KingSpec Half-Size Solid State
    - Fractal Design Node 304 black (HDD 3.5" x6)
    - RAID 5 XFS
    - OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

• You likely moved some disks from a windows machine I take it. Well that is ok temporarily to move data but not a good permanent solution. You should move the data off to drives that are formatted ext4. If you want to use those drives permanently on OMV move the data off to a disk that is ext4 and then reformat the NTFS drives.

NTFS permissions do not work the same as the permissions in linux file systems. It will cause errors if you continue to use drives formatted as NTFS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!