Advice for new RAID-Controller ?

• `Hi.
    I'm looking for a new 16-port raid controller.

My shortlist is:

Adaptec 51645
    LSI 9650SE-16

Are both supportet by OMV 1.0 ?
    Does anyone have one of these controllers and can tell me the advantages / disadvantages ?
    The price of both is nearly the same (used ~250 Euro)
    Does anyone have another suggestion ?

I want to use it as SATA controller first with my OMV software raid till I can afford 12 new hdd's for a hardware-raid with the new controller.

Jens

• LSI 9650SE-16

Works fine over here. You just need to install the management software for it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Danke David.

Ich denke ich hole mir den LSI.
    Habe gerade ein Angebot für den LSI 9650-24M8 inkl. kompl. Kabelsatz und BBU für knap 210 Euro bekommen.
    Hast du irgenwo ein "howto" für die installation der Management Software ?
    Bzw. wo kann man die runterladen ? (Ist die im Treiberpaket von LSI enthalten ?)

Gruß

Jens

• Habe gerade ein Angebot für den LSI 9650-24M8 inkl. kompl. Kabelsatz und BBU für knap 210 Euro bekommen.

8o

Hast du irgenwo ein "howto" für die installation der Management Software ?

Nein habe ich nicht... müsste ich erst wieder raussuchen :(

Gruß
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• should I install the management software?

Yes. Without it you can't set when it should do the the "scrubbing" how mdadm it names. (3ware/LSI just calls it verify).

Greetings
    David

• Yes. Without it you can't set when it should do the the "scrubbing" how mdadm it names. (3ware/LSI just calls it verify).

I found the Latest MegaRAID Storage Manager (MSM) for Lunix 64 bit, do I also need to install the drivers in the Linux Driver-RH5_SLES10_P20 package?

Also, I'm not aware about this 'scrubbing'. How often should I be doing that?

• 3ware runs it weekly, mdadm runs it monthly.

Greetings
    David

• My Controller needs 3dm2/tdm, not the MSM. So I have no experience with it.

Is the file executable? Is it NOT on a datadrive?

Greetings
    David

• I installed csh so now I get abit further.

It looks like the installed wants to do somethign in /usr/lib64 and I don't have that, I have a /usr/lib. I downloaded the 64bit version, think I should try the 32 bit version?

Checking for any Old Version
    ./deleteOldVersion.sh: 1: ./deleteOldVersion.sh: rpm: not found
    No Old Version Found
    Continuing with installation
    ./RunRPM.sh: 5: [: 0: unexpected operator
    File /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 not found
    Install the libstdc++ rpm from the OS CD and retry
    Refer to MSM readme for more details

I don' t want to hi-jack this thread, so I think I'm going to create a thread in another thread asking for installation notes. Thanks.

• I used google translate and followed the guide..
    works perfectly.. only thing I had to 'change' was this:

update-rc.d vivaldi frameworkd defaults

to

update-rc.d vivaldiframeworkd defaults

then I installed a windows client for megaraid, and connected through that via server IP..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!