Git with OMV 1.0

• OMV 1.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Git with OMV 1.0

Not sure where to post this but I wanted some advice.

I have 2 x HP Microservers. One is running OMV 1.0 with Plex/transmission/SABnzbd/Sick beard, it's not perfect but a lot better than my previous Ubuntu solution.

I wanted to use my other server as a backup system for the computers on my network, but one very important requirement was to act as a GIT repository. I've already installed 1.0 but realise now that the GIT plugin is no longer supported and doesn't work on 1.0.

What advice would you have, should I just install an older version of OMV or can I use a different solution to allow a 1.0 installation to act as a GIT repository? I create new repositories infrequently so doing it by hand wouldn't be the end of the world.

Finally I was planning on using SnapRAID to cover myself for disk failures, is that a good idea or should I just go for a RAID 0 setup?
    • If you need a git repo on OMV, I recommend gitlab. It worked on OMV 1.x last time I tried.

SnapRAID should work. I assume you meant raid 1 since raid 0 will give you no protection :) Raid 1 will work well also. I would also recommend rsnapshot.
      omv 4.1.6 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.16 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.7
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Installing gitlab on omv would not use any of OMV's functions. So, it would be the same as installing gitlab on Debian. So, just (as root):

wget https://downloads-packages.s3.amazonaws.com/debian-7.8/gitlab_7.7.2-omnibus.5.4.2.ci-1_amd64.deb
      dpkg -i gitlab_7.7.2-omnibus.5.4.2.ci-1_amd64.deb
      gitlab-ctl reconfigure
      Browse to the hostname and loginUsername: root Password: 5iveL!fe
      omv 4.1.6 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.16 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.7
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!