HDD setup question. System + PLEX/Mysql data drive takes up two drives?

• I have beta testing OMV in a Virtual Box. I need to replace my very old Microsoft Home Server OS. My hardware, which I hope to use without additional purchase, consist of a 64bit CPU, two 500G, one 1T, and one 4T drives. The motherboard is fairly old, I only have 4 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports.
    I was able to get a test OMV VM running with grey hole, PLEX, and SIFT shares functioning. But it took two drives to install the OS and the MYSQL data folder to support PLEX. That leaves only two drives for the grey hole pool media file storage.

My question: What can I do to keep three of the four drives in the grey hole pool? Is it possible? I hate to burn both 500G drives for the "system".
    - should i shrink the 500G system drive partition down after the install and create a second partition for a data folder?
    - do i have to drop the 1T drive and purchase a new 4T drive? ( 500G OS, 500G data, 2@4T grey hole pool)
    - do i look at some sort of internal USB drive?

Any hardware/file system/volume suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bruce ?(

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can use the drive with the mysql database for other things as well. Just make more shared folders.

You can shrink the OS partition and add another one for data.

You don't have to drop the 1 TB drive.

Only usb an internal usb drive if it supports static wear leveling. Dynamic wear leveling is not good enough.

You could also add a cheap pci-e sata card for more drives.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes although you can put it on one of the drives in the greyhole pool as well. Replicating a live database probably wouldn't work very well.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!