USB Connection Issues

• OMV 1.0
    • Resolved
    • USB Connection Issues

Hi All,

Recently I have moved over from FreeNAS, to OMV, however I'm having some issues with some USB storage.

I have 4-bay USB3 drive enclosures, based around the JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS539 SuperSpeed SATA II 3.0G Bridge
      The drives are usually connected through a uPD720201-based PCIe USB3 card, however these errors also occur when connected through the on-board USB2 ports.

The issue is that when the drives are connected, the logs get bombarded with error messages along these lines:

xhci_hcd 0000:20:00.0: xHCI xhci_drop_endpoint called with disabled ep
      usb 3-3: reset SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd

Oddly when a single drive is fitted into the 4-bay units, things seem to work OK, it's just when more than one drive is inserted that the problems arise.
      I am running the latest version of OMV, freshly updated.

Unfortunately searching the web for answers to this provides no concrete answers.

Hope someone can help with this issue,

Thanks
    • Do you have the backports 3.16 kernel installed? A newer driver might fix the problem. There is a button to install the backports kernel in omv-extras.
      omv 4.1.4 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.3
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!