Can't delete some shared folders.

• Hi,

I have the same problem as someone on the old forum: http://sourceforge.net/apps/ph…t/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=705
    I started digging into /var/www/openmediavault/module/sharemgmt.inc for unterstanding the process of creating and deleting these shared folders.

My problem is: these folders do exist. But I want to delete them, because I have to change my raid configuration. These shares lay on /media/whatever and I can't delete the filesystem or the raid via GUI while these shares exist (well, I guess that's the reason).

Nobody is accessing these shares. But they are marked as "used" in the web GUI. Before I start investing a lot more time to understand where OMV stores those "used" informations - can somebody help me? Where can I change these parameters using the shell?

For now I can delete and recreate my RAID using the shell. I don't know what will happen with those share entries in the web GUI. I hope some magic will happen and they disappear.

(A reboot of OMV didn't resolv the "share is used" issue.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Shared folders can't be deleted if they are used by services. You have to delete these shares before, e.g. in SMB/CIFS or FTP. You also can't delete a filesystem if it contains configured shared folders. This is a security issue to prevent the user from deleting something that is in usage, but in some cases, like yours, its a little bit bothersome.

• I unterstand those security thoughts. Thing is, there are no SMB/CIFS or FTP shares anymore. I cleaned everything up. But I can't delete shared folders anyhow. So, how to proceed?

I just killed one of my raids holding these "bothersome" shared folders. The GUI still thinks they are there and in use.

• I have to add something to my problem.
    (I guess) because these shared folders couldn't be deleted via web GUI and are still showing up, OMV adds my deleted filesystem (which was on my deleted dm-raid) _after_ startup to /etc/fstab.
    This means, I have to edit /etc/fstab everytime before I reboot, because on boot, at least when fsck runs, the system halts and waits for input. (fsck dies with error 8 because it can't find this deleted device, which still shows up in fstab)

AND I can't recreate my old shared folders (meaning: with the same name) because the old are still there.

I really would like to know where I can delete those shared folder references.

• votdev, i have the same problem after recreating a new raid the shares are still there and i can't delete them, what part of the config file should i delete, the part that starts with

<sharedfolder>

till

</sharedfolder>

or do i need to keep the sharedfolder holder in and just delete everything in between?

• I found 2 entries with <shared folder>. Believe the first one is kind of an example. The second one is the actual entry i presume.
    However what i don't understand is that is have switched off all services, but still the shared folder says is is used??
    thanks to previous posts i could delete it. Would be more appropriate if you really un-use the shared folder and delete it via webgui. If anybody has advice to do this, very welcome

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "pjdw"

Would be more appropriate if you really un-use the shared folder and delete it via webgui. If anybody has advice to do this, very welcome

Normally, you can. Just rare instances where something is wrong.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In my case I was unable to delete a shared folder after a previous attempt to enable User Home Directories.

Although it was never actually enabled the config.xml still contained a reference to the uuid of the share in the <sharedfolderref> tag.

Once I removed the id (leaving the tag as below), I was able to delete the shared folder.
    <sharedfolderref></sharedfolderref>

Hope this helps somebody else who has the same issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!