Problem upgrade VirtualBox to 4.3.22

• Hi,

today I try to upgrade VirtualBox to version 4.3.22 via Update Manager. When I try to upgrade I get this:

Tried putty:
    apt-get upgrade

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but 4.3.20-96996~Debian~wheezy is installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

and apt-get -f upgrade - it say that VM is running and only OK button is present

Can someone help me upgrade VM? Till today are upgrades of VM without problem.

• Which Kernel/OMV-Extras.org/OMV-Version are you using?

Upgrading worked fine for me - But I'm not using the OMV-iso. Debian 7.8 64bit with OMV installed as package.

OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
    ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black

• Did you recompile the virtualboxdriver for backports-kernel 3.16?

OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
    ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black

• I do not want to mess my VM with trying some procedure

Make a clone of the VM then.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Or use snapshots :)

• Thank you for idea with backup. But how to solve problematic upgrade of virtualbox?

I tried now "apt-get -f install virtualbox"

Code
    Building dependency tree
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
     virtualbox : Depends: libgsoap2 but it is not going to be installed
                  Depends: libvncserver0 but it is not going to be installed
     virtualbox-4.3 : Conflicts: virtualbox
     virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but 4.3.20-96996~Debian~wheezy is to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

EDIT: Now I noticed that web interface is not working for virtualbox:

Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)

When I tried open web interface via OMV interface (phpVirtualBox):

Code
    Error #64:
    exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/vboxconnector.php:210
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc(176): vboxconnector->connect()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceVirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
  • Did you try to uninstall it completely and reinstalling it again?

• apt-get remove virtualbox

Code
    Building dependency tree
    Package 'virtualbox' is not installed, so not removed
     virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but 4.3.20-96996~Debian~wheezy is to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

apt-get remove virtualbox-4.3

Code
    Building dependency tree
     openmediavault-virtualbox : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 but it is not going to be installed
     phpvirtualbox : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 but it is not going to be installed
     virtualbox-extpack-installer : Depends: virtualbox-4.3 (>= 4.3.22) but it is not going to be installed

apt-get remove virtualbox-extpack-installer

Code
    Building dependency tree
     openmediavault-virtualbox : Depends: virtualbox-extpack-installer but it is not going to be installed

I am stuck now...

• Problem was magically solved. I do not know how.... Stopped VirtualBox in OMV webinterface. Few times tried apt-get remove virtualbox.... with errors. As last option i wrote: apt-get -f install and it installed virtualbox 4.3.22 - magic...
    Tried apt-get -f install also yesterday and today few times but with errors. And now it worked.....

• next time go OMV WebUI / System informations / Processes and identify the PID of your vbox.

After that go to CLI (like putty)

Code
    kill [pid number]

and do apt-get -f install

NeurOSick
    Hardware ASRock N68C-GS, AMD FX-4100 8GB RAM
    OMV3 Distro + OMV-Extra + Docker + OpenVPN = Unlimited possibilities!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!