Data Missing After Reinstall

• Hi all

I'm new to the forums, but a long time user of OMV (albeit a very old version until now).

I recently decided to put an additional hard drive into my OMV box (NTFS formatted with movies). When I restarted my OMV box, I was no longer able to access it via my web browser to mount/share the new drive. When I plugged in a monitor, it gave me a message about entering the root password to enter maintenance mode, or pressing Ctrl+D to continue. So I pressed Ctrl+D. When I went back to my browser and tried navigating to it, nothing happened, but I saw on the OMV monitor that there were a series of exceptions being thrown (if I recall correctly it indicated HDD errors). So I unplugged all data drives, and started up again, but nothing has changed (still exceptions when trying to access via web browser). So I put in a new disk (for the system disk), unplugged all my data disks (for safe keeping), and reinstalled OMV (jumped from v0.3 I think to 1.12!).

Interface looks nicer! That's all I noticed because my previous OMV was very static, and was working well until I tried adding an HDD. I digress...

So after setting up the new OMV to minimum settings to get everything to work, I switched off, plugged in the first of my data drives, and mounted it. It shows me that there is 27GB of 110GB (yes, small drive) available. And I created the share, and shared it on SMB.

I can navigate to this shared folder (I called it "Tiny"), but it is empty, and only 27GB in size. This indicates that the shared folder I created is pointing to the unused space on the drive, which kinda makes sense.

I tried all of this with my second data drive (a 2TB drive with 918GB free), but got exactly the same results. I new empty drive with 918GB free.

And now my question: How do I get back the data that is obviously still on my drives?

Thanks in advance!

• On Shared folder creation you can select a folder, that is on your hard drive. So you can gain access again to it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David

Thank you! I didn't see that you can actually select a "Path" in that dialog, because the Path was filled in every time as I typed a name so I just ignored it!

Regards,
    A

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!