SMB/CIFS Recycle Bin No Longer Automatically Deleting Files

• Hello,

All was well for quite some time with my SMB/CIFS shares and the recycle bin, but sometime (not sure exactly when), it stopped deleting the files from the recycle bin folders and I no longer receive any cron daily email message. I am up to date on all updates (currently running OMV 1.12) I found one thread that sounded promising (Recycle bin automatic deletion not working), but looking at /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-samba-recycle looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
    # This configuration file is auto-generated.
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will be lost.
    set -e
    run-parts --regex='samba-recycle-*' /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d &>/dev/null

And looking at /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d, I have four sambe-recycle-<xxxx> files. I am presuming one for each share. Anyway, inspecting one of those, I'm not sure what to look for but comparing the offending line in the other thread, mine looks like the following:

find "/media/3e96c050-50c4-4546-bb16-f3e1fe1646ea/Multimedia//.recycle" -mindepth 1 -amin +${amin} -print0 | xargs -0r rm -rfv

I tried changing the number of days from 7 to 1 for one of the shares but that didn't help.

I looked at the syslog, but I'm not sure what to look for. There are some entries for .recycle but nothing that indicates an error.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

OMV 7.0.x (Sandworm)
    Supermicro MBD-X9SPV-M4-3UE-O MB
    8GB Supermicro ECC RAM
    1 - Patriot 32GB SSD
    2 - WD 8TB (RAID 0)

• I'm still trying to figure this one out. I guess I'm not sure how the cron jobs work, but it almost appears that the daily is no longer running. I know the weekly is working because every Saturday morning I receive an email stating that it ran. However, I never see anything for the daily, and searching the logs I cannot find anything stating about the cron daily.

So, if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

OMV 7.0.x (Sandworm)
    8GB Supermicro ECC RAM
    1 - Patriot 32GB SSD
    2 - WD 8TB (RAID 0)

• A few days ago, it appears that it somewhat starting working again (3 out of 4 shares were deleting files in the recycle bin). The only thing I could think of is that my NAS is normally sleeping when the jobs are supposed to run and a few days ago I was actually using it when the job ran. However, I can't verify that's what caused it to start working again (I left for vacation that morning and I just returned). The last two days it still managed to run (except the one share that has files in the recycle folder that are almost 3 months old). All of my shares are set to clean at 7 days.

OMV 7.0.x (Sandworm)
    8GB Supermicro ECC RAM
    1 - Patriot 32GB SSD
    2 - WD 8TB (RAID 0)

• Well, it still isn't working and it doesn't appear to be a SMB/CIFS issue. It looks like any daily job won't run. I created a simple cron job and it has no problem running (and emailing me) when I have it set to hourly, but it won't run when I have it set to daily. Maybe I'll try posting something in the general configuration forum to see if anyone has any ideas on how to figure out what is going on. Until then, I'll just need to log into OMV Web UI and manually clear out the recycle bin.

OMV 7.0.x (Sandworm)
    8GB Supermicro ECC RAM
    1 - Patriot 32GB SSD
    2 - WD 8TB (RAID 0)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!