Installing OMV on a RasPi B via apt on Raspbian fails on package tftpd-hpa

• OMV 1.0
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Installing OMV on a RasPi B via apt on Raspbian fails on package tftpd-hpa

Hi there,

I tried setting up OMV via apt on a fresh install of Raspbian (2015-02-16-raspbian-wheezy) twice without success using this guide here: Install OMV on Debian via apt

Every time it seems to fail when starting/installing HPA's tftpd and therefore it also failes to proccess the OMV package itself.
      Running a

Source Code

1. apt-get -f install
      does not work. Doing a

Source Code

1. apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
      doesn't seem to work, either.

Maybe you guys can have a look through the install messages I get and find out what's happening to point me into the right direction.
      I pastebinned it here: pastebin.com/cHNAtkN8

I think the mess all starts at line 698:

Source Code

1. Setting up tftpd-hpa (5.2-4) ...
      2. [....] Starting HPA's tftpd: in.tftpdinvoke-rc.d: initscript tftpd-hpa, action "start" failed.
      3. dpkg: error processing tftpd-hpa (--configure):
      4. subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 71

It also seems I got trouble with that php5-pam update as can be seen starting at line 730:

Source Code

1. Processing triggers for php5-fpm ...
      2. Illegal instruction

This should be counteracted with a
      wget http://omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/p/php5-pam/php5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
      dpkg -i php5-pam_1.0.3-2_armhf.deb
      I guess?
      Or could this be the root cause for the problems I described above?

Thank you a lot in advance.
      Best regards.
      OMV 1.19 (OMV-Extras.org 1.34) | BanaNAS | 16GB microSD (using FlashMemory plugin) | 1TB SATA WD Blue Mobile

The post was edited 3 times, last by root2 ().

• Why not use my image? There are a bunch of little problems that need to be tweaked with Raspbian.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Why not use my image? There are a bunch of little problems that need to be tweaked with Raspbian.

Thanks for the fast reply, ryecoaaron! ;)

Your image is my "plan b" if the Rasbpian thingy fails too often (and with no chance of success in the near future).
      Is your image as open/flexible as an usual installation via apt on Raspbian or are there any limitations (for packages, raspi-config, etc.)?
      OMV 1.19 (OMV-Extras.org 1.34) | BanaNAS | 16GB microSD (using FlashMemory plugin) | 1TB SATA WD Blue Mobile
    • The image is Raspbian with the desktop removed and tweaks needed for OMV. If I removed a package you need, reinstall it :) It still uses the Raspbian repo.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • Yep, it uses Raspbian armhf. There is no Raspbian armel that I know of. Eventually, I will create an RPi2-only image that uses standard Debian armhf repos.