copy files.. Server to server or..?

• Hi guys.. I got a new server.. I want to transfer my movies from the old to the new one.. Which is the best way?
    Is there a file explorer in omv to maybe copy inside omv?

i hope you can help me..

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• Use rsync, or simply move them with mv.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you move the drive w/ your movies (presumably in your old NAS) to your new NAS and just move the data to a "new drive" with the mv command or rsync. That would be considerably faster than transferring it over the network from one NAS to the other.

• Can you move the drive w/ your movies (presumably in your old NAS) to your new NAS and just move the data to a "new drive" with the mv command or rsync. That would be considerably faster than transferring it over the network from one NAS to the other.

Ok.. This sounds clever :cool:

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!