"AUFS" balancing

• Hey Aaron,

there is another issue with the balancing feature in AUFS.

I have on a 5 disk spanned AUFS filesystem some problem with file moving.
    The Pool was successivley englarged. The first disks were already full.
    I have moved (nfs) some large mediafile from a folder on the pool to another
    folder on the pool - with help of filemanager on linux desktop.
    The result of this: error - not enough space on filesystem.
    total AUFS space: ~ 10 TB
    free AUFS space: ~ 5 TB

It seems the balancing is repeatedly not working...

can you support me?

Thank you much

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't been able to test the following command but it worked in this thread. If you are willing to try it and it works, I might add a utility/button to the plugin for this problem.

find /media/ -type f -name ".wh..wh..opq" -exec rm -f {} \;
    reboot

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is an aufs issue that I have never been able to duplicate but common enough that quite a few people have posted about. Did the fix work?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just wanted you to execute the two commands as root. If that fix they problem, there is nothing else to do. Reinstalling the plugin will not help. This isn't a plugin problem.

• halo aaron!

actual status:

*fix was executed

*folderstructure on desktop filemanager was still not shown ("AUFS" pool name: AV-Pool, nfs export name: AV-Pool)

*with this "no folder on desktop" problem i decided to delete "AUFS" pool (name: AV-Pool), uninstalled unionfilesystem plugin and nfs export (name: AV-Pool).

*installed unionfilesystem an set "AUFS" pool to new a name (av-pool) and nfs export to a new name (av-pool)

*nfs export "av-pool" with "AUFS" pool "av-pool": balancing seems to work

the old landingpage "Aufs-Pool" is still on disk with needed files on it. Who can i set "AUFS" to the old landingpage and delete the new? is this procedure meaningfull?

A few days before the balancing error, i changes permissions to all files to 774. Can this thouch the .wh .wh .opq files and lead to the issue?

Aaron, thanks a lot for your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to get one thing straight... aufs does not alter files on the disk. It works on top of the filesystem. Removing and adding a pool only creates a virtual pool of the files. It doesn't move anything. So, all of your files are still there.

That said, why did you change permissions to 774??? That can cause a lot of issues. First of all, you won't be able to access directories (the 4 needs to be a 5 for directories) with some users. Second of all, you can't make files executable on data drives. Finally, yes, it could cause issues with aufs.

• now i deleted my nfs share with the old "AUFS" bind. After this i got the message:

where can i delete the wrong uuid?
    there no uuid like this in the config.xml

thanks

• Hi there!

Now i have made omv from scratch. I have all old "Aufs" files on the 5 member pool deleted before.
    I setup the new "AUFS" pool on the fresh system, but now i have on 3 of the 5 disk the "AUFS" landing page. What goes wrong there?
    thanks for your help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!