Issue system drive

• Hello,

I'm new user since V1.0 of OMV and a quiet reader of the forum. I'm here today because i need some help.

My conf:

• 1 HDD for system
    • 5 HDD for data in raid 6
    • OMV v1.11

Since the past few days, I have an issue with my system drive. I don't know why because it worked for 3 months without issues.

Sometimes, it "disappears" and I lose control of my whole system. If I reboot, the drive is not detect by the system.
    After checking the power and SATA cables, it's OK but I had a really hard time to have my system drive detected (several reboot needed).

3 days ago, I had this message and shortly after my drive was unavailable:

Code
    Device: /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x50014ee2b55806bc [SAT], Read SMART Self-Test Log Failed

Now when my system boot, I have several errors messages (see picture attached. Sorry for the quality).

What do you? The drive is dying? I try a new install on this drive?

Thanks for your help.

• Looks like it may be dying, at least the filesystem seems damaged. Did you check the smart values of that drive?

smartctl -a /dev/sdX replace X with the correct driver letter for your OS Drive.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Fire up a live cd of any distro of your like. Run the command there.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Sorry for the delay.

The result of the command:

• 7 Seek_Error_Rate 0x002e 028 027 000 Old_age Always - 53681

The overall doesn't look that bad, allthough it may be slowly dieing, but this seek error rate is much likely your problem. I would say it's time. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Well this drive is pretty new (3 months old), bad luck for me with this one :(

Thanks a lot for the help David.

I have a suggestion for a new feature: A way to save and compare SMART values at several date.

It could help to see the evolution of the values to track hard drive issue.

• You can create a feature request on the bugtracker for that. ;)

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!