openmediavault-fail2ban first version now available for testing

• OMV 1.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks for your help -- I just didn't know how to enable the *testing* repo of OMV extras, but figured out how. I'm installing fail2ban now, via the GUI.

To enable the testing repo of OMV-extras, just need to go to "OMV-extras" on the webgui and there is an option to enable it.

Thanks!

P.S. The output of the code is now:

Source Code

1. $ apt-cache policy openmediavault-fail2ban
      2. openmediavault-fail2ban:
      3. Installed: 1.3.1
      4. Candidate: 1.3.1
      5. Version table:
      6. *** 1.3.1 0
      7. 500 https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
      8. 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      9. 1.3.0 0
      10. 500 https://dl.bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing/ jessie/main amd64 Packages
    • Will there be an possibility to see banned IPs and an unban-option in the WebUI in near future?

I ban after 5 false logins (nextcloud). Due to my harsh password requirements, my users produce sometimes bad logins.

I solve the issue by clearing the nextcloud log, unbanning the IP through SSH and restart Fail2Ban-Jail. This works but is far from comfortable.
      Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
      It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
      Terry Pratchett
    • it's possible now.

go to Diagnostic : Services: Failban:
      Images
      • 1.jpg

56.73 kB, 808×317, viewed 75 times
      OMV 3.0.88 x64 on a HP T510, 8GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
    • Hello Guys,
      just a short notification. One of our enthusiast OMV user find a small bug in the source. He can't speak English so I just try to translate his opinion. It's not fatal, but it might worth mention to help to correct.
      The problem is a typo in the jail.conf generation part:

Shell-Script

1. -v "concat('fintime = ',findtime)" -n \
      2. -v "concat('banime = ',bantime)" -n \
      So the guess that it should be findtime and bantime.
      In addition usedns entry is missing, which also create additional warning log entries.

Please let me know if I'm in the wrong place with this information.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Adamo_sx: Adding one more thing, I just forgot... ().