I have a dream.... Audio library / sharing across everything

• I have a dream, but I don't know if it will come true or be possible :)

The main issue is that in our home we have 5 Android devices, 1 Windows Phone, 3 iPod / iPhones and a Squeezebox Duet (and possibly soon something like Heos, Sonos or something like that). I would really like to have just ONE place for keeping music, audiobooks etc, so that I won't have to copy everything to every device, when we add something. Does something exist, that will allow me to do so? I don't mind using other software than the built-in on the devices, as long as it just works :) Also, if possible, it would be great if it was possible to stream music to the small devices via internet, so I can listen to whatever when running :)

Let me hear from you guys, I can't be the only one dreaming of this, and so far my Googling didn't come up with an golden answer!

/Tommy

• Hi Tommy,

I think you will find that what you are looking for can be done with OMV. For your Android, Windows, and Apple devices I would recommend using the Plex plugin by adding the omv-extras plugin. You can find out more information in the forums how to add these plugins. The only thing I am not sure about is the Squeezebox Duet and the other devices you mentioned. You can search for them using Plex. There is also the Mediabrowser plugin, minidnla plugin, forkeddaadp plugin (iOS), Shairport plugin (iOS), subsonic plugin, and the Serviio guide (shameful plug) that I created. Any way you go I think there are plenty of options for using your devices at home or on the go. I would start with Plex 1st and see if that fits your needs. If not, try the other plugins as well. Best of luck and let us know how it works out for you.

• I use Plex for videos and Subsonic for music/Audiobooks. Sonos support has been added to Subsonic in the latest version so now I can play everything in my Subsonic collection on my Sonos :D

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Thanks - will try to install Plex in the weekend, and let you know how it works out :)
    Regarding the Squeezebox, I can see there is no updated plugin, but AFAIK it is possible to install it on my own on the server, will try that as well (and if it bugs me too much, I'll look into something else, like Sonos etc)

/Tommy :)

• I used Subsonic before 15/01/2015 after than you must pay for use it (Only $1 per month).
    I use Plex but mobile app are not free (on amazon app shop it's free ;) ).

• I have the same dream. And the last days I tested Mini DNLA. It's not that overloaded, than Pley and other stuff and therefore pretty fast. Depending how you built yiur libraries, it's may the better choice.

I have a question: What can you guys recomend as a player/renderer on an old Hifi Deck (no I don't want to buy a new one, as I love this old machine) Currently . Chromecast and that stuff has USB port, but for this old Deck I need soemthing with Cinch connectors. Any recommendation?

• Intel NUC with usb soundcard that has chinch...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!