using multiple disks (not RAID) multiple shares

• I propose to use 3 data drives, each as a different share. My application is for small office with simultaneous users. Typical job flow is to read a file of about 1 GB, process it, output 1 GB file. A project has a dozen intermediate files of short life. Some would be on the NAS and some on the workstations local drive. If a file was corrupted, it could be recreated overnight. So rather than use disks for redundancy, I would hope to use the disks for extra thoughput.
    Has anybody used openmediavault like this?

• <p>Sounds like SSD's in the local machine with a nigthly backup to a server would be a better option? NAS is usually used for storage, not increasing disk throughput.</p>

• Already have an SSD in each workstation as the scratch disk. However, many files need common access. Typically 2 people work on a project, then supervisor may need to show results to clients, so some form of cental server is desirable. Already have an old NAS, which needs retiring. I can build something bigger and cheaper, and hopefully faster, if designed sensibly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!