Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openjdk-7-jre : Depends: openjdk-7-jre-headless (= 7u75-2.5.4-1~deb7u1) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

and then trying to use apt-get for the openjdk-7-jre-headless, I get the same tzdata-java unmet dependency message.

I was just wondering as I would like to use Subsonic.

Thanks

Andy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I may be a confused
    ?( user but I have donated, so shouldn't you too!"

Silverstone DS380B 4+8 Bay NAS Case - ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac - Intel i5 4590T - SuperMicro AOC-SAS2LP MV8 8Port SATA Card - 60GB SSD (OMV OS), 3 x 500GB 2.5" Internal HDD (Non-RAID Plugin Data Folders & Backups) and 8 x 3TB HotSwap HDD (Data RAID 6) - PowerWalker Inline UPS

• Thanks to Supay (James) for bringing up the quesion and davidh2k (David) for giving us the workaround.
    Had the same problems as James installing subsonic.

Manualy dpkg and then apt-get "tzdata-java_2015g-0+deb7u1_all.deb" resolved the dependency problems in the openmediavault-subsonic install.

Again: Thanks!!
    :thumbup:

• I got this problem too, OMV 2.2.
    Tried first to install through omv-extras. Got the java error.

Tried through SSH as root to install java.. 8, 7, headless, jre, jdk. No go.
    Tried to install tzdata-java, which said i needed tzdata, which is already installed.

• I am getting this exact issue now. Can anyone explain this in a method for a beginner?

Erm... it wonders me that even after one year that this damn package still is out-of-sync on so many mirrors (again).

Either you need to change your mirror (see link to that on the first side, be AWARE TO READ THE RED TEXT), or else, go to the debian site and grab the tzdata-java package from the debian webpage directly and install it via dpkg, then the problem should be gone on installing subsonic.

Got the java error.

@jhmiller openmediavault-subsonic : Depends: openjdk-8-jre - what? On Debian Wheezy there is no openjdk-8 - doubt its even on Jessie...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• jhmiller openmediavault-subsonic : Depends: openjdk-8-jre - what? On Debian Wheezy there is no openjdk-8 - doubt its even on Jessie...

openjdk-6-jre-headless | openjdk-7-jre-headless | openjdk-8-jre-headless it requires one of these. I believe it will install any package available in order, if openjdk-6 it will install it if not it will use openjdk-7 and if that is not available it will then use openjdk-8. Is there a better way of doing this?

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Same issue here . . . this is my unique specifics

Code
    apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre tzdata-java tzdata

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    tzdata-java : Depends: tzdata (= 2016c-0+deb7u1) but 2016d-0+deb7u1 is to be installed

OMV: OMV 6 - Intel I7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz - 16 GB DDR3 1600 - 31.8 TB MDADM RAID 6

Desktop:
    Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 5 3600X @4.2 - 32 GB DDR 4 3600 - 4 TB NVME

Win 10 Pro - I7-4770k @ 4.3 GHz - 16 GB DDR 3 1600 Samsung 960 Evo 500 (X2) Raid-0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!