Crashplan plugin for OMV

• Hello, does anyone knows if there's someone developing a Crashplan plugin for OMV ?

Crashplan is just awesome and since I started to use it, I could sleep better knowing that my files are secure somewhere in the cloud. :)

While there's no plugin, maybe I'll try to install it manually.

• Hi johnas, I bet it does, I just got afraid of manualling installing packages, because I dont know if there are chances of accidentally tampering with system files or packakes or dependencies.

Is it 100% safe to install any package?
    Because I'm also thinking about No-IP package for Dynamic DNS.

Thanks!

• Hi, I don't think anyone here can say any softwares will install 100% safe.

In my experience additional software has installed perfect, this is one of the best things about OMV. I haven't installed the no-ip however.

If you have a live server with your data on it, best practice to test on test server/VM. Make sure important data is backed up.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi johnas, I bet it does, I just got afraid of manualling installing packages, because I dont know if there are chances of accidentally tampering with system files or packakes or dependencies.

Is it 100% safe to install any package?
    Because I'm also thinking about No-IP package for Dynamic DNS.

Thanks!

If you're concerned about the install process, whether it works, etc.. An easy test, is to simply install OMV in a virtual machine, and try it. I don't us Crashplan, but as long as it installs and run successfully on Debian Wheezy... it should work fine. Sometimes it's easy to forget, that "OMV" is not the OS, and is simply software running on Debian Wheezy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!