Raspberry Pi Install incompetence

• Hi,

I'm completely new to OMV, and I thought that might cause problems, but not this soon. I use unetbootin to put the 1.12 r-pi image on a card but when I power the pi, nothing happens. The PI starts and my external drive spins up, but my switch doesn't light up with any activity, and my router doesn't list any new IPs. Is there a default IP I should be using to access the webUI or am I missing something else entirely? Are the Pi images headless? I've plugged a monitor in but it doesn't get any signal. I've tried this on my 512 model B and the B+, using different cards of course. Both have the same results, and I've never had this problem with any other distro.

Is this just what to expect from OMV on the Pi in it's current state? Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't use unetbootin. On Windows, use win32diskimager. On Linux, use dd.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I've had the same problem. You need a monitor and a keyboard, login as root, default password: openmediavault, then type:

Code
    ifconfig eth0 (your ip: ex 192.168.1.100)
    ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0

You'll then be able to connect at the web interface using the IP adress you just used.
    Thats'it!

• I have attached a monitor, but nothing shows up and it shuts itself off.

When I plug in my model B Pi, the power light turns on but the activity lights remain off. It is possible that there's something wrong with it, but my my B+ model lights up as expected and still doesn't output any video signal or demonstrate any network activity.

Does the fact that the image file end in extension .gz mean anything to me as a windows user? I don't have to convert or uncompress that file to a plain .img, do I?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The wiki instructions only apply to the ISOs. I will update the readme file in the raspberry pi folder.

Did you extract the file? The .gz is a compressed file. You need to write the .img file inside the .gz file to the card. That is probably you problem. You can use 7-zip to extract it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've seen plenty of people do it :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!