Temperature Sensor

• To be honest I am not sure about the procedure you have to use to make this work but the last file you changed has several things that does not looks correct. You have wrote rrdGraphName: "systemp" and rrdGraphName: "fanspeed" but the file you want to access has name sensors (if I am not mistaking), so you cannot load your graphs on your template...

• So I manage to have fan speed and Cpu Temp on the same graph. But for scale problem , it's not a good idea.
    So i want to have fan speed on its own tab.
    But after trying many,many,many,many things, i did not succeed.
    The first thing I tried is to try the tutorial on first page with fan speed spec : I created a fanspeed.js , fanspeed file with the fanspeed rrd and made it executable but it don't work.

How create a new tab who use also the sensor module ?

• I believe a quick way to do what you want is to create two images, one for CPU temp and one for fan speed for every hour-day-week etc, in the same tab. So you want have any problem with the scale. Another think that I think is to deviate somehow the speedfan valu by 100, so you finally get a value 52,10 for example. To be honest, I am not 100% sure that this is easy :?

P.S. What did you change in order to make have both CPU temp and speedfan in the same image???

• Zitat von "johny_sketo"

P.S. What did you change in order to make have both CPU temp and speedfan in the same image???

I do not remember more precisely so I tried many things ...
    But finally, I also managed to display them on the same tab

Here is the code for a Gigabyte GA-D525-TUD

CPU Temp and fan speed on the same tab

Sensors.js

sensors

CPU Temp and fan speed on different tab

Sensors.js

sensors

fanspeed

• Hi,
    last week i installed OMV 0.4 on my new built system. It's been working flawlessly since then.
    The only problem is that i can't get the temperature sensors to work.

is there any way to get this to work on my config.
    My Specs are
    ASUS P8H77-I, H77 board
    Intel Core i3-3220 (Ivy bridge)
    OMV 0.4.12

Thanks

• I followed the instructions on the first page.
    I installed lm-sensors. But im not sure if the version of lm-sensors that i downloaded for omv 0.4 supports the temperature sensor of ivy bridge cpus or the sensors of the H77 chipset of my mainboard. As far as i understood this is also dependend on the kernel which is installed on the machine?
    I ran sensors-detect but i think it didn't recognize anything.
    The question is also what changes do i have to make to make it run.

The next problem is that i usually use windows at home. So i have not much knowledge regarding linux.

• First of all, don't worry, there are a lot of people here who can help you.

Can you type sensors and write down the results? The changes you have to make are at the second file you have to create, the one called sensors. You have to find out your sensors and change the configuration file.

• Ok. here is the output:

The system is clean at the moment. Which means only OMV 0.4.12 is installed.
    I just added lm-sensors by installing it via apt-get install lm-sensors.
    Here is the output.
    It seems it can read the cpu temperature

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# sensors
    acpitz-virtual-0
    Adapter: Virtual device
    temp1:       +27.8°C  (crit = +106.0°C)                  
    temp2:       +29.8°C  (crit = +106.0°C)

Here the output of sensors-detect

thanks in advance :)

• output doesn't change after reboot.
    I think the problem is the kernel. I guess 2.6.35 doesn't offer support for ivy bridge components. And if i understand it right lm-sensors just uses the kernel modules to read from the sensors.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!