Problems with openmediavault-calibre package

• I have experiencing problems with calibre server plugin. When I installed the plugin, it worked well, but when I changed the the data directory and erased the old one, everything didn't work.

Uninstalling the package and installing it again didn't work too. It seems that it have saved some configuration somewhere I can't find and it is trying to change it. But uninstalling the package doesn't seem to erase it. Here is the error the web gui shows me.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are getting an error when trying to change permissions of the data directory. Uninstall it and delete the calibre user. Then reinstall using a newly created shared folder.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I followed your advice, but same error again:

• Offizieller Beitrag

What filesystem is the shared folder on?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know what difference it makes, but it's a btrfs share.

Can you try it on a ext4 or xfs? btrfs is barely supported in OMV and I haven't tested with it to know if this could cause an issue.

• I can't because I don't have a ext4 share on the server. But I doubt this is the cause. Btrfs has been working nice with backport kernel 3.16, so far. The package worked at the first time I installed it. The problem started to happen when I changed the data directory and deleted the old data directory. OMV seems to be trying to move the old directory to the new one, but it doesn't find it anymore.

I don't know were it's been storing the location of this old directory since uninstalling the package doesn't delete the old directory path. Starting the calibre server on the /opt/calibre/calibre-server on the command line, passing all the atributes to it works well too.

I believe the problem is on the php script somewhere. It needs to point to the new directory instead of trying to move the old one to the new location. If you can tell me where it may be storing this old data directory path, I may find the solution

• Offizieller Beitrag

That isn't the problem. The plugin is failing when trying to change permissions of the data directory. When you start it manually, it doesn't change the permissions.

What is the output of:
    omv-showkey calibre
    cat /etc/passwd | grep calibre

• Here it is:

Code
    # cat /etc/passwd | grep calibre
    calibre:x:1002:100::/home/calibre:/usr/sbin/nologin

Does it help?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your output doesn't show a data directory set. Are you selecting one?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!