Quick (I hope) query about accessing via Win 8.1

• Hi again.

Can anyone point me towards the relevant info, or quickly run through for me, how I can get my PC to access my NAS?

I can see the shared folders (music etc) on the MiniDLNA, but am unsure how to set it up so I can access for file transfer to/from OMV itself.

Set up was done via my android tablet and other half's Mac. Can transfer files from both of those (with appropriate logins).

best wishes

Sam

• You need to share it via CIFS/SMB if you want to access it on Windows.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• So it just doesn't show up in network?

That happens sometimes and we have currently no "solution", it also does not happen for everyone.

You can also access your CIFS/SMB shares by opening a explorer window and typing \\iporhostnameofyournas into the addressfield ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!