NUT UPS w/ Tripp Lite OmniVS1000

• OK. I have the above UPS. I have the NUT plugin installed. After setting it up according to the NUT WIKI I get errors loading the correct driver. According to their list I should be using driver = tripplite_usb. NUT doesn't load with that. If I use driver = usbhid-ups, the module starts properly and in Services -> UPS -> Variables I get a list of information. Under the Charge tab I get graphs, but under the remaining tabs I get nothing. Is it fine to continue using it this way, or will it not react properly to power outages without the correct driver. Also, is this a stripped down version of NUT without all the correct drivers installed? If so, then how to get the correct one installed? ?(

EDIT:
    Also, I'm running OMV 1.14

Version
    6.0.27-1 (Shaitan)

Kernel
    Linux 5.14.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is Debian Wheezy. Therefore, it is using the standard Debian Wheezy NUT package. What is the output of: upsc `upsc -l`

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV is Debian Wheezy. Therefore, it is using the standard Debian Wheezy NUT package. What is the output of: upsc `upsc -l`

Code
    $ upsc -l
    ups
    $ upsc 'upsc -l'
    Error: Unknown UPS
    $

Output of "Services -> UPS -> Variables"

Version
    6.0.27-1 (Shaitan)

Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

You used apostrophes ( ' ) instead of ( ` ). That is why you had an error. upsc ups would give the same output as the variables page.

Looks like it is connecting correctly. The UPS does not use the server to determine when to react to power outages. The UPS will tell the server to shutdown when the battery is low. As for the charts, I'm not sure why they aren't working.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh, I see what you wanted. Anyway, I just wondered if there was a way to get the correct driver loaded. I figure that's why the graphs aren't working properly. If all drivers for nut are there, where would they be located on the system? Because the error I get is as if the correct tripplite_usb driver doesn't exist on the system.

Version
    6.0.27-1 (Shaitan)

Kernel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!