Hard Drive not mounted on reboot

• Hello.

I have recently noticed that one of the 2 Hard Drives connected via USB to my Raspberry PI 2 running OMV 1.14, simply doesn't mount by itself.

I already had my SD card system partition full due to the drive not being mounted while running an rsync backup, so I needed to write down a bash script to make sure all connected hard drives are properly mounted before actually starting the rsync backup.

Still then, considering that the hard drive is declared properly in /etc/fstab and that it mounts properly if I run 'mount -a' via CLI, why doesn't it mount automatically when I reboot my system?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

• In fstab are you mounting the USB drives by device names or are you using UUIDs?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• There is probably some type of race condition and the problematic USB drive is taking longer to appear to the system and it isn't seen by the time the filesystems are mounted.

Maybe a boot delay would help by editing /etc/default/grub to contain:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet rootdelay=10"

Then

sudo update-grub

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I have it in mine - OMV v2.1.17 (Stone burner). Look again?

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

RPi uses u-boot (it is open source - driver blob on RPi is closed source). The problem is that the config.txt file in /boot/ uses drive letters (/dev/sdX) to find the boot drive. It isn't very consistent about keeping the same letters. So, it will try to pick the non-boot drive sometimes. I couldn't get uuid to work reliably in that file but it has been a while.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!