Time machine login error

• Hello,
    i have issues to get Apple time machine running on my OMV 1.14 (Kralizec) installation. My OMV setup is running on a fresh Debain Wheezy installation with KDE and GNOME installed. So far OMV is working fine but i have problems making backups from OS X 10.10.2 to my timemachine folder on my OMV NAS.

The Time Machine volume is visible in OS X, but when i connect to that volume i get the error message: "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. (OSStatus-Fehler 2.)". I found a blog that describes the same problem claiming that the problem are the permissions:
    http://cornelius.amzar.de/time…status-2-fehler/#more-297

For my part i am not that experienced in Linux and i don't want to mess around with the permissions in the filesystem.

Do you have any hints?

Bastian

• Offizieller Beitrag

Login authorization can be granted for AFP in shared folder section privileges button.

To reset permissions on the share next to shared folder is a utility (if you have omv-extras installed) you need to select admin RW, users RW others RO and delete ACL

• Thank you for your reply! The first backup is now running. Thank you very much!
    But i had some strange errors:

I did the following steps:
    - stopped sharing the time machine folder
    - deactivated apple filing service
    - deinstalled netatalk package
    - reinstalled netatalk
    - added share to apple filing service
    - reset of permissions in "shared folder"->"reset permissions" for my timemachine folder
    - activated apple filing service, got error message:
    "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rd.d 'nettalk' start2>&1': Starting Netatalk services (this will take a while): cnid_metadcnid_metad is already running (pid=26374), or the lock file is stale. invoke-rd.d: initscript netatalk, action "start" failed.
    - Nevertheless the timemachine folder was showing up in OSX. After selecting the NAS folder and entering the login credentials OSX started the countdown to start the backup. But somehow not the timemachine folder on my NAS was the selected by OSX but my internal SSD (OSX claiming to have connected this SSD by AFP). So the backup attempt failed with an error message saying that i should reselect the network folder.
    - i reselected the NAS folder. OSX started the countdown for the backup showing the correct network folder selected -> Backup is now running

So at this point i am happy that backup works. I hope it keeps up working...

Bastian

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!