Issue with installation ownCloud 8 (with guide)

• I'm installing ownCloud with takebb's guide
    I'm using the repo for release 8.
    I stopped at rows 14 and 15

In the guide I'm reading:
    14) The first sign in needs to be with the admin user and password with the codes from your OMV. There is a web client button on the Settings TAB. Use that for the first time sign in. It is a bit slower the first time due to setting up of the sql database.

The web client button is disabled

Then I'm reading
    15) To get the Interface.js working you need to edit the /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php file
    cd /var/www/owncloud/config
    nano config.php
    Then this needs to be added right before the 2nd to last line that says:'installed' => true,

I don't see this row.
    This is my config.php

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• There is a bug in OMV ver 1.14 & 1.15. This is fixed in version 1.16. The web client button will work again with this upgrade.

I don't think you get the isntalled true line until after first signin. You can add the line to allow the x-frame anywhere. I just suggested putting it before this line.

• There is a bug in OMV ver 1.14 & 1.15. This is fixed in version 1.16. The web client button will work again with this upgrade.

I don't think you get the isntalled true line until after first signin. You can add the line to allow the x-frame anywhere. I just suggested putting it before this line.

Thanks, when the new version will be released?

But I did not understand what is the interest of the team to ownCloud?
    The plugin is no longer maintained or will be moved to the community.
    Your guide is now being upgraded.
    On the forum there is a dozen solutions for the installation, but all of these have problems.

ownCloud is ugly as Medusa, but it is the only one that allows for automatic synchro files of users.
    I think that a user does not care much if their files are synchronized with OC or other engine, but at least there should be an engine.

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• In my "update current plugin" guide I made for OC I updated the Java files with a new Settings.js file. So you can fix your button now if you want.

I don't think we abandon OC but it is not fun. Especially when novice users need help.

I think I read there are issues with synchronization with clients if you do not use MySQL. So some things need to get changed.

Volker has been busy lately. We see how things go. Last couple nights I was bug hunting.

• I've just copied the new Settings.Js
    The Web Client Button is working; it launches https: // address: 8443. OK, I did not realize that was used for this. Already I was doing.
    I continued with the guide and installed the External Storage, I renamed the folder to resolve the PHP ID errors.

But:

• In admin I see (in upper) "Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken."
    • I've changed config.php with 8.0.2.4, but in Version I see always "ownCloud 6.0.4 (stable)"

In log I see:

In /media/uuid/oc I have a second folder named owncloud-LongID. Can I delete it?

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von whitetiger ()

• Your 2nd bullet is fixed by this which is in the Guide:

After an upgrade of php there is an issue with session id errors. Rocologo found solution for this.

To fix just do this edit this file:
    /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php

in there is this line (you id number will be different):'
    instanceid' => '954387590050432546476881428390927750529',

Put and oc in front of the number and shorten the numbers to 8 digits and then save/close the file:
    'instanceid' => 'oc95438759',

Then go to where working directory was installed:
    /media/uuid/OC (whatever shared folder name you used).

Then do a list command and you will see a folder like this:
    ls
    owncloud-oc954387590050432546476881428390927750529

Do this to rename it while in the working directory:
    mv owncloud-oc954387590050432546476881428390927750529 owncloud-oc95438759

your session errors will be gone.....

It is not allowing numerical numbers anymore. That is why you need to do this.

• Your first bullet is issue with SSL.

I'm sorry. I have not seen your reply and meanwhile I've modified my message.
    So I don't understand

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!