Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Really doesn't need to be. You can add the opensuse repo using omv-extras. And you can install the package with the apttool plugin.

Apologies....I'm trying to find this so that I can install Emby...I've followed the developer link...then to github...there is a zip to download....I can do this from the CLI....but I thought why not use the GUI....but I'm obviously missing something.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Apologies....I'm trying to find this so that I can install Emby...I've followed the developer link...then to github...there is a zip to download....I can do this from the CLI....but I thought why not use the GUI....but I'm obviously missing something.

No need to go to developer link.

• Install omv-extras
    • Install openmediavault-apttool plugin from Plugins tab.
    • Add new repo in omv-extras repo tab using the settings in the attached pic.

• Then go to Search tab in apt tool plugin and type emby.

• Select emby-server and click Add to Packages tab.
    • Go to packages tab and click refresh button on the bottom of the grid.
    • Select emby-server and click Tools -> Install.
    • Wait for it to install.
    • Go to http://server-ip:8096/ and enjoy.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

No need to go to developer link.

• Install omv-extras

• Then go to Search tab in apt tool plugin and type emby.

• Select emby-server and click Add to Packages tab.
    • Go to packages tab and click refresh button on the bottom of the grid.
    • Select emby-server and click Tools -> Install.
    • Wait for it to install.
    • Go to http://server-ip:8096/ and enjoy.

That was one of the first things I did following this but I don't see the apttool in the plugins list....is this only for V3? or should this show in the plugin list for V2?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That was one of the first things I did following this but I don't see the apttool in the plugins list....is this only for V3? or should this show in the plugin list for V2?

I try not to do anything with OMV 2.x anymore. The apt tool plugin and repo I listed for emby are OMV 3.x only.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I try not to do anything with OMV 2.x anymore. The apt tool plugin and repo I listed for emby are OMV 3.x only.

Thanks for your reply.....CLI it is then.....I'll remember to try it out when I upgrade....but I like the idea of it :thumbup:

• I wonder if it would be possible to include https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs-tools into the unionfilesystems plugin.

This contains tools that can be useful for mergerfs users:
    - mergerfs.fsck
    - mergerfs.dedup
    - mergerfs.balance

The dedup would be especially useful.

I managed to install it a while back, but it was a bit of a hit and miss with messing with dependencies and make install because there is no actual package.

• What do you think about a plugin for "fhem" house automation?

Zitat

FHEM (TM) is a GPL'd perl server for house automation. It is used to automate some common tasks in the household like switching lamps / shutters / heating / etc. and to log events like temperature / humidity / power consumption.

The program runs as a server, you can control it via web or smartphone frontends, telnet or TCP/IP directly.

In order to use FHEM you'll need a 24/7 server (Fritz!Box, NAS, RPi, PC, MacMini, etc) with a perl interpreter and some attached hardware like the CUL, FHZ1300PC, etc. to access the actors and sensors. See the "Supported hardware" section below.

More description, frontend screenshots, features, supported protocols and documentation under: http://fhem.de

Packages for jessie are available. Have a look at the menu "content - the easy way: use apt-get":

https://debian.fhem.de

I installed that packages at my omv3. Everything works as expected. With fhem it's possible to automate nearly everything. ;) A Plugin would be really nice.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

With fhem it's possible to automate nearly everything.

I don't use either but what is the difference between fhem and domoticz?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I don't use domoticz, because I do not find any viable information for homematic support. Officially it's not supported:

https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Integrations_and_Protocols

Homematic is a popular German vendor for house automation equipment. Fhem supports homematic and all other relevant equipment vendors and protocols:

http://fhem.de

I have some homematic equipment in use.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have some homematic equipment in use.

I have no equipment that works with either. Motivation is about zero to make another plugin. Maybe if I get some help on other plugins...

• I have no equipment that works with either. Motivation is about zero to make another plugin. Maybe if I get some help on other plugins...

Ok, I understand your point of you. All I can help you, is testing plugins. But if I don't need them, why I should test them? ;)

Maybe someone else is interested in developing a fhem plugin sometimes, which I could test.

Which plugins do you need help for?

By the way... What about the emby plugin?

At the moment emby only works with docker or per "apt-get install emby" at the command line. It's ok for me, but the plugin we already had was great. Maybe someone here is willing to change the code for the new omv code basis (>=omv3.0.13).

Greetings Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

But if I don't need them, why I should test them?

I could say the same thing about developing plugins :) I don't use most of the plugins I have written.

Maybe someone else is interested in developing a fhem plugin sometimes

We have a severe shortage of developers.

Which plugins do you need help for?

zfs, docker, cups, possible virtualbox, etc.

What about the emby plugin?

I'm not going to port it. I don't like that it downloads a zip when there is a repo available. I really do think it is easy enough to add the repo with omv-extras and install the package with the apttool plugin.

• Installing openmediavault-apttool

Zitat

ryecoaaron schrieb:

• Install omv-extras

Little correction: openmediavault-apttool ist part of the omv-extras testing repository. ;)

Server: OMV3.x - sorry for my bad english - my german is much better ... :P

• I could say the same thing about developing plugins :) I don't use most of the plugins I have written.

Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks for the reminder! ;)

We have a severe shortage of developers.

Yes, I am also aware of that. It's the same problem in all open source projects. Sadly I have no coding skills. :(

zfs, docker, cups, possible virtualbox, etc.

I am willing to test code changes and feature implementations for the zfs and docker plugins. But the following is because of my skill all I can give to the community:

- testing and reporting bugs/issues
    - writing little workaround howtos and
    - documentation of solutions.

I'm not going to port it. I don't like that it downloads a zip when there is a repo available. I really do think it is easy enough to add the repo with omv-extras and install the package with the apttool plugin.

Yes, I also don't like the way with the zip download. Now where I know how do it with the emby debian repo, I wouldn't go back to the emby zip plugin. The Repo works fine. But as you mentioned, there is also no developer to change that behavior.

I take my hat off Volker, you and some other omv (plugin) developer. What you guys do for this fast growing community is really great!

Greetings Hoppel

• Backintime is a nice tool I've been using by x-forwarding.

It has a nice gui to manage and restore local or remote snapshots.

You can also browse your snapshots and restore files easily through it's gui (closest resemblance to apple's time machine I've found so far)

A web gui plugin would be nice for it (rsnapshot plugin does not do restore)

• Would love a plugin for ruTorrent w/ all of it's plugins (especially autodl-irssi) since I can't get it working on docker for the life of me :)

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would love a plugin for ruTorrent w/ all of it's plugins (especially autodl-irssi) since I can't get it working on docker for the life of me

I use this image xeroxmalf/rutorrent-autodl-irssi rutorrent with autodl included working. I have to say that i don't use rtorrent i use just the autodl plugin.
    Is the only image i've seen with a working autodl-irssi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!