Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

ps3netsrv on arm (raspberry pi B) not available?

There has never been a ps3netsrv plugin. If you are referring to an rpi1b, then you are really out of luck. If you have an rpi3b, then install the docker plugin and use a ps3netsrv docker.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'd like to see a plugin that can do a Boolean search of the common log files. (Backed by zgrep and/or others.) I image selecting a check box for "all", or check boxes for individual log files, and 3 search term lines for "AND", "OR", and "NOT", where empty lines would be ignored.
    While reading output in a dialog box would great for real time review, the output might be directed to a selectable folder and file if desired.

Is something like that possible, or too much of a PITA?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you provide GIT plugin?

Use the docker plugin and then you have your choice of at least gitlab or gitea.

And also Bug management plugin,

Docker will solve this as well.

Also could you add option to run server as router+firewall?

This is bad idea in my opinion and would need to be more than just a plugin. If you want both on the same system, then virtualizing OMV and the router OS is a better idea.

I want to install openmediavalut on Pi3 and connect it to internet trought LAN. And use it's WI-FI as home network.

While I wouldn't do this either since the rpi doesn't have much for antennas, you can do this without it being a router. Look at hostapd.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is something like that possible, or too much of a PITA?

The search part wouldn't be much different than the locate plugin but listing all of the log files would be a fair amount of work since they aren't all in one location (/var/log).

• Offizieller Beitrag

but listing all of the log files would be a fair amount of work since they aren't all in one location (/var/log).

I've noticed that, which is why I asked. :) Tracking down the right log files, in trying to get a handle an issue, can be a chore in itself. Similarly, the switches, terms, options, pipes, etc., in grep or zgrep command lines are fairly easy to botch up as well. Dealing with the sum total of those details, kind of makes it difficult to find and focus on interesting output.

Thanks for taking a look.

• I would love a plugin that add a category "favourite" where I can put tabs from other categories. For example Dashboard, docker and shared folders.
    It would be easier to manage my nas since I mostly use always the same things.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are there a Nginx plugin, DNS Masq, or PXE for OMV5 ?

Nope. The nginx plugin caused more problems than it solved. dnsmasq plugin was used by very few people and most people have moved to pi-hole running in docker or an RPi or a VM. PXE was used by almost no one and it is possible to setup pxe on pi-hole or a pxe docker.

But i hope also for a nginx plugin for omv5

I won't be porting it. Why do you want it?

• I won't be porting it. Why do you want it?

I've gotten used to the way it works and learned to appreciate it. If someone gives me instructions on how to use this configuration in a Docker nginx, it helps me a lot. @TechnoDadLife Maybe with a video? ;)

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Offizieller Beitrag

If someone gives me instructions on how to use this configuration in a Docker nginx, it helps me a lot.

I have a simple web server that I use for various things. Basically put your files in a directory (in my case it is /srv/nginx_general) just like you do with the plugin and then start the docker with:

docker run --name nginx-general --restart=unless-stopped -p 80:80 -v /srv/nginx_general:/usr/share/nginx/html:ro -d nginx

Change the port if you already have something else listening on port 80.

• Offizieller Beitrag

By using Docker, I don't need to config the web servers, right ?

Maybe. If you pick the correct image that is configured for what you need, you probably don't.

• Offizieller Beitrag

can I setup the Nginx manually in OMV5 ?

nginx is already setup on OMV since the web interface uses it. It is possible to do the same thing the plugin does. I really think you should look at docker though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!