Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• I opt for OPVN.

But something I really would like to see - an updated list of plugins that are avaialable. http://omv-extras.org/simple/ does not seem to get updated anymore.
    The plugins are one of the powerfull features of OMV - but it is very hard for a newbie to find out what a plugin does and which ones can be used with say 1.X and with the upcoming 2.X.

I think it gets even more important - with the focus of development shifting away from 1.X and geared more towards 2.0 (for which an info can not be found anywhere at predominant place).
    If I am all wrong please correct me - but if not - well, I would happy to see the concern picked up - as I believe it is hurting OMV big time - at least for the huge fraction of the unexperienced and new fans.

Thanks,
    NAST

• Would love to have a networktraffic widget :)

To see ingoing and outgoing traffic

NAS: Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel Xeon E3-1265L-v3 | Kernel: 4.18 | ASRock Rack E3C224-4L | 32GB ECC RAM | System: Crucial M500(250GB) | LSI 9260-8i - RAID0: 2x Samsung 850 EVO (250GB) + 2x Intel SSD (230G) | LSI 9270-8i - 6x WD Red 6 TB RAID5

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wanted a file manager but pydio is more like owncloud. You can access the files you put in it but not really the files on the server.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• when fineshed these survey and take the follows?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Offizieller Beitrag

when fineshed these survey and take the follows?

The survey doesn't have an end. It just gives developers an idea of what is wanted but there aren't a lot of people developing plugins.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Okay :)

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I also vote for seafile, in combination with radicale!
    In my opinion, seafile is much more mature and reliable for file-sync than owncloud is. And I think that's the main purpose for this kind of software. The only thing missing in seafile is, of course, cal-/carddav, which would be the task for the specialized software radicale.

Greetings

• Offizieller Beitrag

All those who mention seafile, i think is a good alternative and has plenty of official documentation (nginx & apache), but is also worth mention the point that seafile has:

1) sort of internal Db for file systems, that means input files are created through the seafile webUI only, you cannot pick an existent internal folder and share it through seafile. However you can export as read only a seafile folder as a fuse mount point so you can access those files for example through samba or ftp.

2) They still don't have linux user integration. The users created are email based.

I still think is a very good option, but i mention this so people don't complain later about these features that OC already has.

Someone already posted a link for an unattended script in the forum, so that would help a lot in the plugin creation.

• I know there is a few forum posts discussing SpiderOak but can I make a case for it as a plugin?

What it is? SpiderOak is a 'zero knowledge', cloud storage server. Data is encrypted before upload / download and held encrypted on the SpiderOak servers. Automatic / Manual Backup and Sync Functionality.

Clients: Windows, OS X, Linux ( Obviously!) Android and iOS

Cost: 2GB Free (6 GB with promo "FREEDOM4").

Why I believe this would be a useful plugin: OwnCloud etc is ideal to ensure that your data remains yours and yours alone. However; for a good backup schema it is essential to have offsite backup. Although you do not control the medium SpiderOak stores your data on, you can be safe in the knowledge there is no third party access or data sharing.

Ive tested it in a testing installation and found it to be ideal. Initial Setup is via dpkg and basic settings can be imported from JSON file ( i.e. easily applied via WebUI). Can be run as a single instance via cron for backup purposes (@reboot / @weekly etc) or can be ran as a daemon. Init.d script is not provided with the installation but a suitable one can be found here.

Any system folder can be setup as sync / backup folder; however one downside is that a default folder is installed at in the user home directory. This however can be disabled and deleted via script post install.

Hope I've made my case well and the added info may entice further interest ☺️.

Alex

• I think an universal encryption tools such as eCryptFS or EnFS would be nice. Then users would be able to encrypt local folders or whole partitions and they could do encrypted backups to cloud services providers such as box.com. eCryptFS and EnFS are both native available for Debian.

• I think an universal encryption tools such as eCryptFS or EnFS would be nice. Then users would be able to encrypt local folders or whole partitions and they could do encrypted backups to cloud services providers such as box.com. eCryptFS and EnFS are both native available for Debian.

I agree; folder encryption would add a lot of functionality! I'm no security expert at all, and I tried EnFS with WebDAV access to Box.com and used that with OwnCloud Sync. It seemed to work well; the only reason I tried SpiderOak was that it achieved in one package what was being achieved via three separate "services" (OwnCloud/ EncFS / WebDAV). I should add that my whole OMV installation and data disks are encrypted via LUKS so local encryption isn't really a requirement for me; simply to ensure DropBox / Box.com etc couldn't access my important personal docs!

• I am not so familiar with SpiderOak. Can I also encrypted my data and upload it to another cloud storage? Let's say, Dropbox, box.com or OneDrive?

I agree; folder encryption would add a lot of functionality! I'm no security expert at all, and I tried EnFS with WebDAV access to Box.com and used that with OwnCloud Sync. It seemed to work well; the only reason I tried SpiderOak was that it achieved in one package what was being achieved via three separate "services" (OwnCloud/ EncFS / WebDAV). I should add that my whole OMV installation and data disks are encrypted via LUKS so local encryption isn't really a requirement for me; simply to ensure DropBox / Box.com etc couldn't access my important personal docs!

• I am not so familiar with SpiderOak. Can I also encrypted my data and upload it to another cloud storage? Let's say, Dropbox, box.com or OneDrive?

SpiderOak is a cloud storage provide in its own right, but promotes a "Zero Knowledge" of your data... It's is encrypted my the client on your computer, uploaded in a compressed format and stored with no access by SpiderOak to the Cipher Key. Because of this the SpiderOak client only uploads to storage provided by SpiderOak.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am working on the spideroak plugin now since mediafire is so far behind on their linux access.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!