Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

As for calibre, do you mean that can be installed from your plugin list or it will be passed to repo when developed?
    In case it can be installed... how?

I mean I am not maintaining it anymore and it will not work with OMV 3.x until somone ports it. So, you cannot install it and it is not in the repo. I will remove it from the list on the omv-extras site so that it does not confuse people.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In case it can be installed... how?

Hi Manuel, here is the link to one of my posts on this board on how to install calibre on OMV without plug-in. the post has all the steps and links to how-to pages I used to test this out.
    FYI I do not run the setup live yet. I just did a test run on my testing VM config but it did worked well.

the Calibre developer has a great how-to on apps setup using CLI.
    I also found several helpful blogs to make it easier to install and use the app.
    all of that info is in my post. check it out.
    I know plug-in makes it so much easier but if it is not ported to the new version, and we can not help with dev our self, we have to find a way :)

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• I mean I am not maintaining it anymore and it will not work with OMV 3.x until somone ports it. So, you cannot install it and it is not in the repo. I will remove it from the list on the omv-extras site so that it does not confuse people.

Thanks for clarification Aaron.

Hi Manuel, here is the link to one of my posts on this board on how to install calibre on OMV without plug-in. the post has all the steps and links to how-to pages I used to test this out.FYI I do not run the setup live yet. I just did a test run on my testing VM config but it did worked well.

the Calibre developer has a great how-to on apps setup using CLI.
    I also found several helpful blogs to make it easier to install and use the app.
    all of that info is in my post. check it out.
    I know plug-in makes it so much easier but if it is not ported to the new version, and we can not help with dev our self, we have to find a way :)

Thanks vl1969, I will try your way.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi, could you think about NextCloud (nextcloud.com) or a new replacement for the old OwnCloud plugin? I think this will be usefull to most of people!

Have you looked at this thread - Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi, yes, but that is a little too old! NextCloud is like a new Owncloud!

The end of thread starts talking about nextcloud. I wouldn't have recommended it if it didn't address recent releases of nextcloud/owncloud.

• The installation guide of OwnCloud is same as NextCloud.
    My system running NC just fine on Nginx.

same on my system... nginx plugin and mysql plugin for nextcloud.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I disagree.
    Seafile isn't better than NC/OC.
    It doesn't have the local drive share features or antivirus, and lack of other features.
    Seafile has clean and friendly interface but not as good as NC/OC.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Not exactly a plugin, more an installation method:

Name-branded NASes using a single disk sometimes have a "fake RAID" setup for their system files. This way, if something goes wrong, the user only has to reset the NAS to bring it back to a working state, no manual /lenghty flashing of a disk image is required.

Or add GRUB in the standard installation so one could boot on a "debug" partition, much like Ubuntu does. (DK if this is already implemented as I run OMV headless most of the time.)

• I disagree.
    Seafile isn't better than NC/OC.
    It doesn't have the local drive share features or antivirus, and lack of other features.
    Seafile has clean and friendly interface but not as good as NC/OC.

I disagree with your disagree.
    Seafile is much faster, (full WAN/LAN instead of 1.8kbit/s with OwnCloud) full encrypted and such stuff. For using it as a Cloud, what it is, it is much better than NC/OC. For CalDav and such stuff you can use different things.

• I disagree with your disagree.Seafile is much faster, (full WAN/LAN instead of 1.8kbit/s with OwnCloud) full encrypted and such stuff. For using it as a Cloud, what it is, it is much better than NC/OC. For CalDav and such stuff you can use different things.

Does it include easier updates than OC? OC isn't exactly automated in this regard and requires more manual work than other comparable PHP-based framework.

Fully encrypted?

Considering the world we live in, I think anything non-encrypted on OMV should be quietly abandoned.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!