Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• NC/OC has encryption features, and web dav/cav.
    NC v10.0.1 now has an auto update feature rather than manual like in the past.

It base on your preference.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Logitech Media Server would be cool too.

Logitech Media Server works great with Docker. I used a long time

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Does it include easier updates than OC?

For regular updates and if you're used to it, it doesn't take more time then 1-2 minutes.
    It's like: Stop server, download and extract new version, run upgrade script, start server

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

• Logitech Media Server works great with Docker. I used a long time

It works well as a plain install of the .deb file too. It should be really easy to make as a plugin for someone who knows how to do those things. It would just be more user friendly to have it as a plugin.

I suspect that Motioneye might be more complicated, but it would be nice if someone could look into it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would appreciate CT Sesam Passwordmanager as plugin

Looks like a desktop app? Why not install the nginx plugin and use a php password storage application?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You could use CT SEsam as desktop app but there's a CT Sesam Server too.

https://github.com/ola-ct/ctSESAM-server/wiki

The reason why i found it interesting is the different approach to store passwords
    =======================================================================
    SESAM — Super Easy & Secure Authentication Management
    Qt-SESAM is a user-friendly application that enables you to generate strong passwords. You can use them for all the services you're using, e.g. websites, accounts, or apps.
    The passwords are generated in realtime from service name, user name, a randomly shuffled salt and the master password. For services which don't allow passwords to be changed (e.g. credit cards) Qt-SESAM can also store fixed passwords.
    Qt-SESAM has a unique feature which lets you choose the complexity (vertically) and length (horizontally) of the password in a colored widget
    You can share Qt-SESAM's settings across your computers via a dedicated synchronisation server and a file located on a cloud drive like OwnCloud, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or Dropbox.
    This is secure because all of your settings are AES-encrypted with a 256 bit long key and a 128 bit long IV derived from your master password with PBKDF2.
    Qt-SESAM supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. An Android app compatible to Qt-SESAM is underway.
    ========================================================================
    https://github.com/ola-ct/Qt-SESAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

Didn't see the server part. But it doesn't need a plugin. It is just a php app. This will work with the nginx plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I would like to propose a extension/feature request for autoshutdown:

The up-hours setting should be extended for 2 sets of up-time.
    In my case, i have it set to stay online between 17:00 and 22:00.
    However, on the weekends it should stay online, probably between 10:00 to 22:00.

Would it be possible to implement this in some future update ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would it be possible to implement this in some future update ?

If someone else commits the code. While I have been maintaining it, I don't use it and my time/incentive to add features is very low.

• For regular updates and if you're used to it, it doesn't take more time then 1-2 minutes.It's like: Stop server, download and extract new version, run upgrade script, start server

That's all fine and dandy on a locally-hosted OC installation, but completely impossible on a shared hosting people may use for availability reason.

The first or second command line for an upgrade, according to OC's manual, is:

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --on

There's no such thing as sudo on a shared hosting, or the provider has more serious problems than supporting an outdated version of OC.

• That's all fine and dandy on a locally-hosted OC installation, but completely impossible on a shared hosting people may use for availability reason.
    The first or second command line for an upgrade, according to OC's manual, is:

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mode --on

There's no such thing as sudo on a shared hosting, or the provider has more serious problems than supporting an outdated version of OC.

My post was about Seafile not OC..
    I'd say that Seafile is possible to be installed only with user-rights - no sudo or similar needed.

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

• I'm looking for an alternative solution for UrBackup, Mondo Rescue seems similar to Clonezilla, but with more backup options.
    http://www.mondorescue.org/

Anybody in here use it?

It has one of this function that Clonezilla doesn't have.

Code
    Q8/ Can I restore some folders from an ISO image without burning it and booting from the CD? ¶

Sure, Run /usr/sbin/mondorestore from the command-line prompt (without booting from the CD) then you should be able to select ISOs as a source & choose the files to restore. (Answer from Hugo Rabson hugorabson_at_sbcglobal.net) Sure, Loop mount the iso image, then find the files you need in the afio balls and restore them. (Answer from Mark Nienberg mark_at_tippingmar.com)

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• I was looking how to move to OMV 3 without the Calibre plugin. Intent is to have the content server available via browser for the e-readers.

I found COPS, http://blog.slucas.fr/en/oss/calibre-opds-php-server which seems the perfect candidate as OPDS server to do the job and is mentioned as a "simple tool to be installed on a small server".

Unfortunately I am an active IT user only and can't justify the demand to create a COPS plugin for OMV 3.0.
    Please can one of the experts have a look to COPS ? There are not so much Calibre postings here but ebooks becomes more and more popular and an OPDS server probably interesting for more people in the future.

OMV 2.2.13
    ASUS E350
    8 GB RAM
    1x SSD
    2*3TB RAID1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please can one of the experts have a look to COPS ?

COPS is just a php app that could be added with the nginx plugin. Or there is a COPS docker that could be installed with the docker plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!