Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• I'll try with docker so!
    I really hated my experience with keepass, but I don't like the idea od a closed source application managing my password :/

Just to be sure: To install docker I should use "Docker CE" repo, not "Docker" right?

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

To install docker I should use "Docker CE" repo, not "Docker" right?

Yes, you want the docker ce repo. The other one is old/not maintained by docker and will not be available in omv 4.x

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Someone could. I try to stay away from things that use mono. Had enough problems with duplicati.

On the server side:
    I installed the Duplicati Docker and, while I didn't actually test it with a backup, the servers WEB GUI seemed to be functional.

Given the lack of help in plugin dev - if there's a docker available for something that's popular, it might be time to drop the matching OMV plugin. I'm a fan of plugin's but I can see where the rewrites would be a burden (as php versions change, etc, etc). If a docker is available, the work is already done.

• I'll try with docker so!
    I really hated my experience with keepass, but I don't like the idea od a closed source application managing my password :/

Just to be sure: To install docker I should use "Docker CE" repo, not "Docker" right?

What's the problem with KeePass?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is anyone working in a Borgbackup Plugin?

No. I originally started but never came up with a good design.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you elaborate a bit? I was thinking to give it a try.
    Do you use Borg?

I was looking at making a plugin but I never did. I don't use borg so I don't know it well. That makes creating a plugin difficult.

• Offizieller Beitrag

We could team up of you Like.

I will have to look at borg again to see why I stopped.

• Hello,

sounds good.
    My Idea was to re-use parts of the rsnapshot or urbackup plugins.
    The web-interface needs to collect this data and store it in a yaml file for bormatic:

This is the information that goes into the borgmatic config.yml. There is more in the config.yml but we can keep the defaults for that.

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Offizieller Beitrag

sounds good.
    My Idea was to re-use parts of the rsnapshot or urbackup plugins.
    The web-interface needs to collect this data and store it in a yaml file for bormatic:

I started the plugin. You can follow along on github if you want. borg is easy to use. borgmatic doesn't really help the plugin (at least not yet).

• Hello Aron,

great news!
    I understand that bormatic does not help the plugin-development so much, but I think it is nevertheless useful to use it.
    E.g. it checks the archive regularly. Also, it notifies if the backup was not successful.

Last, but not least we will profit from further developments in borgmatic. I think it also makes the plugin development easier as we don't have to worry to much about best practices with borg, as these are included in bormatic.

So: Why not?

Greetings,
    Hendrik

• Offizieller Beitrag

I understand that bormatic does not help the plugin-development so much, but I think it is nevertheless useful to use it.
    E.g. it checks the archive regularly. Also, it notifies if the backup was not successful.

Last, but not least we will profit from further developments in borgmatic. I think it also makes the plugin development easier as we don't have to worry to much about best practices with borg, as these are included in bormatic.

So: Why not?

I'm sure it is great to use manually but there is no package in the debian repo and I don't want to use pip to install it. It also creates another layer of code that might make it harder to debug (for me). I'll create the plugin without it. If that doesn't work, then I will look at using borgmatic.

• Thought about it because I wanted KVM as well. Just easier to run OMV as a VM on ESXi/Proxmox instead :) You can install the remote-desktop plugin, login via rdp and use virt-manager though.

KVM and LXC/LXD would be really great plugins. So we wouldn‘t need proxmox to host omv or other os’/distributions anymore.

Maybe it gets possible with omv4 or omv5. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

KVM and LXC/LXD would be really great plugins. So we wouldn‘t need proxmox to host omv or other os’/distributions anymore.

Maybe it gets possible with omv4 or omv5.

I wouldn't hold your breath for those plugins. They are very complicated.

• The hope dies at last. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

Noting that almost all of us have had shut down uninvited, obnoxious and loud Video popup advertisements:

What's the chance of getting a Pi-Hole plugin? From another post (post) I learned of its existance and chased it down to the website. -> Pi-Hole

After looking it over, man, there's nothing to not like. A Network Wide Ad Blocker, that can cover all clients, stat's, etc., with a blacklist that's regularly updated? Wow. That would be a great addition to any 24x7 home server.

The problem came when I tried to install it on the command line, in my OMV test VM. It's a curl based install that went without a hitch. However, the interface to the Wedadmin didn't respond. hostipaddress/admin

I've verified that Pi-Hole is working on the command line, but having the Web-GUI would be nice for greater ease of configuration and the statistics it provides.

While I don't know anything about coding plugin's, getting this to work / run might be easy.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As it seems, the GUI consoles for Pi-Hole and OMV do not play well together and that's a problem because Pi-Hole must listen to port 80 to do the blocking job.

To try to get around the IP address issue, I created a subinterface for eth0 (eth0:0) and set PiHole to use the address assigned to the sub-int. Unfortunately OMV now answers to both IP addresses, with a sign on screen for the OMV GUI.

It's looking like a Pi-Hole plugin might not be a simple proposition.

Is there a suggestion to limit OMV to one IP address - the address assigned to eth0 ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!