Disk failure & very slow rebuild

• Hi,

first of all sorry for my english. An answer in german is also welcome.

I have 6x 3TB Seagate st3000dm001 in a raid 5 setup. This Setup is now running for a long time. A few month ago, ohne drive crashed and i changed it without any problems. Rebuild takes about 3 or 4 days.

Now I have the following problem. If i played music from my storage sometime the music lags. The CPU load of the storage was often very high. I didn't find the reason. One day one disk fails without any smart errors. I put this disk in another pc and check it. There was no Smart error, no rellocated sectore, etc. The disk works. So I decided to wipe the drive and put it back in the storage. Every went fine, but the resync speed is very very slow (Takes about 10 Days).

I've tried to speedup the rebuild with editing sysctl.conf, add bitmap indexes, etc. But the speed didn't changed. At the moment the CPU has no load while rebuilding.

Is this speed normal in such an raid setup? Could the disk be damaged (no problem with sectors but perhaps an controller problem?)?

Thank you!

Greetings

Alex

• Hi,

because i haven't found an answer, I decided to bought a new drive. Now it looks good.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!