Cannot mount external SMB share to shared folder via Web GUI

• Hi all,

All I want is an external sync between OMV music folder and my HTPC music folder. Want to do this via rsync, but I am unable to mount an external SMB share to a shared folder. I'd like to do the following: mount my HTPC SMB share (openelec) to a shared folder inside OMV, so I can use rsync to synchronise data. I thought the remote share plugin is suitable for this, but it keeps telling me there is no such device or address, although I was able to mount it via SSH. Unfortunately I am no good in SSH, I found the command here in the forums and it won't mount automatically my HTPC's share.

What I did:

-tried rsync remote sync (requires shared folder, so I need to mount it first)
    -tried remote shares (was unable to make it work, server is my HTPC's address, shared folder is ready but it keeps telling that there is no such address)
    -tried mounting via SSH, it worked but only for one session, after reboot it's all gone.

Thanks a lot!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What OS is the HTPC running? Remote share will work if you get the correct settings. Why not have your HTPC read directly media files directly from the OMV box?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's running Openelec 5.0.6. It reads from OMV now, but I would store my music on my HTPC as well (it has a 500GB SFF disk), the reason is that I don't need my microserver running all the time (it's my NAS) and it's also a bit slow to boot up (POST is 1:30 min), but if music would be synced between the two periodically, I wouldn't need my NAS for that all the time and it would consume much less.

Where should I look at my settings? Openelec is working great, I can mount it under Windows, and could do that via SSH under OMV. Where could be the problem? Shared folder privileges or something else?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Take a screenshot of the remoteshare settings you are using to try to connect to openelec.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• http://1drv.ms/1OxKdBT

And the error message:

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf remoteshare 2>&1': Retrying with upper case share name
    mount error(6): No such device or address
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/remoteshare.inc:88
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(180): OMVModuleRemoteShare->applyConfig()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does the following give you (login as root):

mkdir -p /media/htpc
    mount -t cifs //192.168.0.102/htpc /media/htpc -o username=david

• It gives the same error as the web gui, no such device or address, refer to the mount.cifs (8) manual page. Could it be some firewall issue or something with my network? I can use it from a Windows computer without problem, and it also worked for one session when mounted via SSH. I have no clue :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!