OpenMediaVault no boot, only blinking cursor

• Hey guys,

Just installed a clean install of OMV 1.9 on a 2GB USB flash drive. The install went without a hitch, but when I went to boot, all I can see is a blinking cursor on the top of the screen. This has been tested with and without any other drives in the system, and the mobo has no trouble at all registering the USB drive.

I have not seen anything other than the blinking cursor - no GRUB, nothing at all.
    The Web interface also does not show up at all.
    I am using an Asrock AM1-B Motherboard with 2GB of DDR3-1066 RAM (been through Memtest) and a Sempron 2650.
    I have already cleared the CMOS, and I have already checked that everything is plugged in properly.
    The computer was able to run Memtest and the install without a problem, so I don't think that's the issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Hey! Thanks for the quick reply.
    After all that, I have the feeling that I may have installed OMV onto the wrong drive - let me go back make sure that it's installed on the correct drive before I do anything else. (I thought of it after you said that it should at least boot). Will let you know if that's the problem.

Thanks again for the help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Update:
    The OS was being installed into the wrong drive - even though I selected sdb, it was installing in sda, (the original USB drive). Fixed the problem by using a USB optical drive instead.

This is actually a good lesson on why the Installation FAQ says to disconnect all drives except the installation media and the OS drive.. This could have easily resulted in data loss.

Glad you got it worked out.,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!