plexconnect -getting it to work with nginx?

• I have tried to follow a previous user here to get plexconnect to work so that I can use my appleTV v3 to view plex but I am confused. I basically modified the listed code with my ip(s) and paths in attempt, but I believe I got myself lost. Can someone tell me how to query via CLI what programs are running? I followed the post all the way to attempting to get plexconnect to start up as a daemon. All of the supported plugins work I just cannot get this little app that allows ATV viewing to work.

I changed the web interface for OMV to be viewed at port :8085 so that (as I understand it) the ATV can connect to the PMS on port 80 because this can't be changed short of creating an ip table in omv's firewall or perhaps a trigger set up in my router? I understand the basics but I think I am getting wrapped up in the details.

I went ahead and tried to change the dns server and certificate in the ATV, but ATV cannot find my cert. I changed the path in the settings.cnfg to point to where I have the cert, but I think I am missing something that allows the ATV to connect. When I try to use: "service plexconnect start" as ultimately the code for the created daemon should let me do, I do not receive any echoed response. I cannot remember the command that allows one to see all the running processes, so I am really not certain I have PlexConnect running. Will someone please post that command? And or help me figure out where I have gone wrong?

~jt~

• Here is the code I have in my init.d file for plexconnect

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the diagnostics section you can check system information for running process. I was in that thread for nginx (which i found to be totatly unnecessary).

You don't need to change port 80 in the webUI. You can set a specific iptables rule to redirect incomming traffic from atv3 ip to omv ports 80 and 443 to other ports (the ones in plexconnect settings). The rule is published in the forum, just use google not the forum engine.

For installing the certificate (can't remember the exact procedure) but it was just to start a simple web server in the folder were you have the certificates and with atv interface point to that address to install them.

python -m SimpleHTTPServer

• I found the rule here -thanks subzero... I will try this. I may need to move the certs or generate new ones but this is good. Even if I need to reapply the rule after reboot. I'll just leave myself a note as I do run 24/7.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!