I can't make system work

• Hi all,

I'm trying to install OMV in a NAS I'm building, but once the computer install the OS (OMV 1.9 Kralizec open tty1) using the USB drive and restart the system seems to not to recognize LAN and I can do nothing.

I have a message sayind "No interface(s) available", so I can't connect from other computer. I get a messager saying "open login" and then asks for a password. I've try everything here but nothing works.

I've try with a Asrock Q1900-ITX and also a Asrock QC5000-ITX/PH but I have the same problem with both of them, while in all tutorials I see making the installation as I do it detects the NIC.

Anyone can lend me a hand?

Many thanks in advance

• If I remember correctly, I had a similar problem. Apparently, the NAS may receive the IP address "too late", so the info doesn't show up on the screen, but instead you get "no interface(s) available". Maybe try

Code
    ifconfig -a

and check if the relevant NIC got an IP address.

• Many thanks to both of you, tekkb and sNiXx,

Unfortunately the mainboards I'm testing have only PCIe (no PCI) slot and I've only PCI NICs, so I can't try.

sNiXx, the prompt I've when I boot is "open login: " and if I enter here "ifconfig" or "ifconfig -a" I've an error message, It seems like before entering any command I've to validate using user/pass (system asks for login and pass), but I've try all possible combinations with no succeed, always "Login incorrect".

Many thanks again

Regards

• Hi all again,

I've try to install OMV using custom IP settings and althought I have the same problem I can "reach" the machine and connect from a web browser in other PC. So the problem is not an incompatibility with integrated NIC or something similar.

In my case, unfortunately I need to configure it using DHCP, so this solution doesn't fit. How can I know he IP that OMV gets? I have no place to run 'ifconfig -a', the system only prompts me to enter a username/pass that doesn't recognize.

I hope someone can help

Many thanks in advance

• "Login incorrect".

I have no place to run 'ifconfig -a', the system only prompts me to enter a username/pass that doesn't recognize.

What are you trying to enter?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• sNiXx, the prompt I've when I boot is "open login: " and if I enter here "ifconfig" or "ifconfig -a" I've an error message, It seems like before entering any command I've to validate using user/pass (system asks for login and pass), but I've try all possible combinations with no succeed, always "Login incorrect".
    Regards

You're exactly right! The user should be "root" and the password was set during installation. After entering the correct login credentials, you can check the IP address with either of the two commands. Alternatively, you could tell your router to always assign the same IP address to your machine (if you have that option)? Or simply check there which IP was assigned to your NAS? Or make use of ping?

• Figure out your NIC's mac address. Then setup a static lease , assigning the ip addres you want, in your router's DHCP settings. You will always know your OMV's ip address this way. In settings in OMV I use DHCP, not a static address, and my router always gives my OMV the same address. You can do this even before you install OMV.

This way you will always know your ip address when using utilities like Clonezilla, Parted Magic, System Rescue CD, etc...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!