Create - delete - re-create shares: share name already exists. Found the solution.

• Hello,

I'm a new user of OMV (started yesterday) and a new member here, from France (and because of that, first, I apologize for my crappy english).
    I've been having a lot of home-made NASes through the years (started in 2006), always with Linux-based OS (Ubuntu server or Debian). I wanted to try OMV, no because I'm tired of command line interface, but because I find webGUI easier to maintain (I have a crappy memory, close to a goldfish :S , and always forget the files name and arguments between two modifications - Google is my friend :thumbup: )

So, after removing an old 40Gb SSD from a computer, i put it in my NAS as a system drive, and instead of dd my old CF-based system drive on this new, i made a fresh install of Proxmox (bare-metal hypervisor), then installed OMV as a virtual machine.
    My OMV is a VM, but the hard drives are presented not as virtual hard-drive, but with hardware passthrough, because there is a lot of data on them and I did'nt want to format, re-create the arrays and copying the backup. A bit of trouble at the begining with OMV kernel panics, solved by specifying a VIRTIO SCSI controller instead of default LSI. Everything went fine after: my old RAID arrays were recognised automatically (I love software RAID...), the interface is smooth and clear, nice experience :) !

But the struggle came with the NFS shares: I made a mistake creating a share, called "Series".
    "No big deal, I'll just modify it": clicking "Modify" on a NFS share doesn't allow me to change its name nor its location.
    "No big deal, I'll just delete and re-create it": I got the following error message:

Code
    The configuration object is not unique: A shared folder with the given name already exists

Or see the attached file

I first tried to reboot OMV. Same result.
    Then, I SSH into it, and tried to nano the /etc/exports: no line with my share name. Displayed the nfs share with showmount: no share also. Displayed the /etc/fstab: perfect. Searched for a folder named "Series" in "/": not a hint :(

The solution:

Code
    grep -rn "Series" /
    /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:347:        <name>Series</name>
    /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:350:        <reldirpath>Series/</reldirpath>

Instead of deleting the lines, i just renamed the two "Series" hits in the file with "blabla".

Then the creation of my NFS share went smoothly after that.

I was able to reproduce the same behavior with SMB shares: creating a share, deleting it, then re-create it with the same name give the error message. As if OMV doesn't delete the share name, even after clicking on "Apply" when the yellow line "The configuration as been modified..." appears. In fact, I created then deleted (and clicked "apply") a few shares with random names "bla1", "bla2", ..., and they keep appearing in the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file.

Sorry if the bug is already documented, i searched my friend Google with the error and got few results, none related to my problem, and also the the OMV bugtracker (only Sardaukar bugs it's true) before posting here, and found nothing.

Thanks for your great job :thumbup:

• Got my answer: seems like i need to remove the shared folder from "Shared Folders" in the menu "Access Rights Management" before trying to re-create a NFS share.

My bad.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!