plex media server update

• Hi... I've recently installed the plexmediaserver plugin and all seems to be working ok.

Although in the plex web gui under: settings /server /general... it states there is an update available and to "please install manually".

Currently running Version 0.9.11.13 and the update is a file called "plexmediaserver_0.9.11.16.958-80f1748_i386.deb"

Also... In the plugins section of OMV it states the openmediavault-plexmediaserver version is "1.0.10"

So what I want to know is can I install this update manually as a omv plugin or is it not compatible.

Thanks

• I just tried to do that myself but failed. The manual install worked. I followed the instructions on the setup info tab. After the update, the only way i could get it to run was by deleting a plexmediaserver symlink in the /etc/init.d/ directory and renaming a backup file that was in the same directory. Even then though it still didn't work through the web interface. I had to start it manually through an ssh session. I just had to uninstall and reinstall a few times to get it working on 0.9.11.13 again.

I too would like to know if there is a correct way to do this or if I am missing something.

Thanks,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Patience... Your server won't explode if you don't update. 0.9.11.17 is in the repo now. This update was released yesterday. I highly recommend against manual updates too. The correct way to update is wait until we put it in the repo :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you karruhts for that report. It may have saved me from a similar dilemma. I have limited knowledge of operating Linux / Debian at command line, so I will just not update at this time. ;)

Oh! And thanks ryecoaaron. I will wait for the plugin update. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

The plugin is separate from the plex package. We can update the plex package without updating the plugin. So, just look for the plex package update (click Check in the Updates tab).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is likely issue with the init script if it won't start....
    When you manually update there is usually a backup made of the init script in: /etc/init.d
    If you look in there and see this file plexmediaserver.dpkg-bak you can try this:

cd /etc/init.d
    cp plexmediaserver.dpkg-bak plexmediaserver
    update-rc.d -f plexmediaserver remove
    update-rc.d plexmediaserver defaults
    /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!