Plexmediaserver update problems

• So there is a new update in the update section of the omg web gui.
    Repo for plex is omv extra.

And what should i say i can't update!

It is hanging during the update with the following messages:

Everything i tried is not working to install the update.
    By Webgui by terminal. Nothing worked!

Any ideas or hints?

PS: i'm a plexpass member.
    Also the manual update for plexus user didn't work.

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• IMO the upgrade instructions should be updated as I certainly struggled with this. After searching through the forums I was able to piece together an upgrade path using the plex pass downloads. However, I am enjoying my recent journey with OMV & especially my re-purposed old Dell Dimension 9200 which is merrily chugging along.

• If you really want to use the PlexPass version of Plex Media Server on OMV, you can use yakumo's repo.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• cd /opt

Code
    wget http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages/debian/pool/main/p/plexmediaserver/plexmediaserver_0.9.14.0.1539-61cdd0f-debian_amd64.deb

dpkg -i plex (Press TAB and then hit ENTER)

After install:
    cd /opt
    rm plex (Press TAB and then hit ENTER)

• Hi guys,

I have just upgraded using plexmediaserver_1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb_amd64.deb via dpkg -i.
    This usually created the file /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver.dpkg-bak when I upgraded the previous times.
    At this time the file was not created and as a consequence Plex cannot start.
    Does anyone have the init script handy so I can restore that?

Thanks,
    Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have just upgraded using plexmediaserver_1.8.1.4139-c789b3fbb_amd64.deb via dpkg -i.
    This usually created the file /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver.dpkg-bak when I upgraded the previous times.
    At this time the file was not created and as a consequence Plex cannot start.
    Does anyone have the init script handy so I can restore that?

Are you still on OMV 2.x? If you are on OMV 3.x, the official plex repo is added and you should see all updates in the updates tab. There is no reason to manually install. OMV 3.x doesn't use the init script either.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You must be using OMV 2.x. You cannot install the official packages since they need systemd. You have to use the packages from ninthgate as you have found.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yup, still running OMV 2 :)
    I am planning to rebuild the server with OMV 3 at some point, just need to find some spare time.

Thanks for the confirmation @ryecoaaron!

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!